Automation and Solution Analyst @ AIG - Woodland Hills, CA
Post a job for free in Woodland Hills, CA
This is a work from home position until further notice. Opportunity for the right candidate to work fully remote and live anywhere is a possibility for the right candidate.
Who we are:
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
We are seeking a creative and resourceful full-stack developer to take on multiple challenges. From creating and deploying applications or services to partnering with our testers to automate aspects of our manual, time-consuming, tests. Our team does extensive work with content and forms, and we are expecting you to help in streamlining existing practices and finding opportunities to adopt or improve content storage method, file structures and data abstraction. In addition, exposure or experience in DevOps shops will help us in adopting best practices to increase efficiency and automation of certain repetitive content propagation and deployment tasks.
Get to know the business:
Flex your financial expertise and provide peace of mind to people seeking a financially sound retirement. Securing the financial futures of our clients is what motivates us and is at the heart of what we do. We work with our clients to tailor a retirement plan that increases their assets and provides them with a protected income stream to last their lifetime. Our U.S. Individual Retirement business offers innovative annuity products that help clients build assets through tax-deferred growth opportunities, providing a guaranteed income for life while shielding it from market volatility.
- Translate user stories and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, scalable and reliable code
- Integrate data storage or feeds with application layer
- Experience with performance tuning of applications
- Identify bottlenecks or gaps in functionality, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help enhance coding standards, organization, and add a framework to automate certain features or testing
- Strong knowledge of Java/J2EE and/or .NET framework including .NET Core
- Must have proven experience working with REST - API’ s (internal and 3rd party API’s)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with open-source projects and OAuth frameworks
- Able to create data models that represent and support business processes
- Experience working in highly automated DevOps environments
- Ability to extend applications to support automated testing
- 5+ years as a Test Engineer (doing full-time automation)
- Extensive experience with test management and automation tools
- Experience and demonstrated creativity in automating complex, integrated UI and backend systems
- Experience with services (full or micro) creating API system integration tests
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines and monitoring services for automation tests
- Experience in maintaining post-release validation automation and alerts
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K - $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Functional Area:OP - Operations Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25% Relocation Provided: No American General Life Insurance Company