Secretary – Cornerstone/CLTS @ Wood County - Wood County, WI
Secretary – Cornerstone/CLTS
Post a job for free in Wood County, WI
WHO WE ARE:
The Wood County Human Services Department has great passion for helping the members of our community. As an employer, we strive to provide a work environment where diversity and differing opinions are valued, creativity is encouraged, continuous learning and improvement are fostered, teamwork and open/honest communication are encouraged, and meeting customer needs through quality services is a shared goal across all departments.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to who we are, Wood County team members are offered competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and an excellent benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System Defined Benefit Plan
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Income Continuation Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical expenses
- Life Insurance
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
The Wood County Human Services Department, has an opening for a Secretary - Cornerstone (CLTS) position. This will be a full-time (.97 FTE) position. The primary responsibilities are set forth below. The work is performed under the immediate direction of the Support Services Manager with additional oversight.
This position provides administrative support to the Behavioral Health Services/Long Term Support Division with a focus on the Children’s Long Term Support programs and the Comprehensive Community Services/Community Support program. Position will be located mainly at our Cornerstone location in Marshfield, with occasional travel to Wisconsin Rapids. Will enter information in the database, track and report client information, organize and compile data and reports for fiscal reporting required by the State and County. Responsible for secretarial and receptionist duties at Cornerstone including monitor the drop in area; relay health and safety information to case manager/nurse. Organize the flow of information from/to Cornerstone and others within the department, county, and community agencies.
No supervisory responsibility.
1. Enter all clients information enrolled in the Children’s program; add, update, compile program information and monitor/track to ensure compliance with State regulations.
2. Contact new client referrals by phone or mail; scheduling appointments and coordinate services with staff and clients.
3. Monitor the Drop-In Center clients and activities; update staff as needed if there are health or safety concerns. Provide a positive presentation encouraging consumers to use the Drop-In, promote positive interactions with others.
4. Answer telephone providing customer support to consumers; screen and direct calls to the appropriate staff person, and use email appropriately.
5. Enter and maintain client information in electronic information system and specific program databases. File documents and records as appropriate, use electronic scanning software integration with client records and other applications
6. Process incoming and outgoing releases of information (ROI) and ensure compliance with state and federal rules related to disclosure of records.
7. Assist with tracking and maintaining documentation requirements in Behavioral Health programs.
8. Follow policies related to petty cash, activity and soda money. Process invoices and prepare voucher covers as appropriate for program as directed.
9. Prepare correspondence for division, type letters, reports, e-mails, etc. as requested. Sort and process mail.
10. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. In absence of nurse(s), give pre-set medications to consumer. Document in electronic information system.
2. Act as back up when needed; to inventory and order office supplies and product for the soda machine. Develop and distribute monthly calendar, crisis calendar, and newsletters for Cornerstone staff and consumers.
3. Attend Department and Division meetings.
4. Promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Department.
5. Other duties as may be assigned.
This position will be located at Cornerstone in Marshfield with occasional travel to River Block in Wisconsin Rapids to provide support at that location.
An associate degree in a secretarial or administrative assistant program or related field and two (2) to three (3) years secretarial work experience required. Typing skills of 45 w.p.m. Ability to accurately operate a computer and software and other equipment as specified, and to learn any upgrades and changes which may occur. Basic everyday living skills are needed, as is the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions. Reading and writing, adding and subtracting skills are necessary to communicate orally and in writing (prepare reports, take messages, schedule appointments and collect payments). Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize tasks, work efficiently, remain flexible under pressure and meet time constraints. Maintain confidentiality, critical. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers, congenial with clients and the general public.
Basic office equipment used: computer and printer, FAX machine, copy machine, calculator, scanner, video-conferencing equipment and multi-line telephone.