LPN- Casual - Marshfield @ Wood County - Wood County, WI
LPN- Casual - Marshfield
Post a job for free in Wood County, WI
The purpose of this position is to perform licensed practical nursing service care and treatment to chronically mentally ill and developmentally disabled residents according to physicians orders and established nursing practices, rules and regulations. The work is performed under the direction of the supervising Unit Head Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Sets up, administers, monitors and charts oral and intramuscular medications, catherizations, enemas, venipuncture and other treatments. Performs in-takes and charts residents’ blood pressure, temperature, blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Observes residents for changes in physical and/or emotional condition. Assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action. Informs supervising Registered Nurse. Charts observations..
- Takes and records physician’s orders. Notifies all nursing and treatment team members such as pharmacists, technicians and other nursing shift personnel regarding changes.
- Supervises the work of psychiatric technicians and other Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Reassures and provides emotional support to residents. Converses with residents to assure they are comfortable, explains therapies, treatments, medications and changes in same. Answers resident’s request for assistance.
- Ensures that safety and security standards are complied with.
- Charts nutritional and fluid intake, bowel movements, fluid output, and other resident activities such as leaving the facility.
- Assists in maintaining supplies and medication inventories.
- Maintains knowledge of nursing principles, methods and standards; and health care, sanitation, hygiene and medical and psychiatric treatment.
- Attends care conferences, in-service training, and staff and facility meetings.
- Assists in evaluating technician’s work performance.