Receptionist @ Kansas Orthopaedic Center PA - Wichita, KS
Post a job for free in Wichita, KS
POSITION SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm
- Perform patient check in duties: verify patient demographic and insurance information, ensure referrals are received, reconcile appointment status, provide Notice of Privacy Practices and obtain acknowledgement, and ensure completion of physician specific forms and Ethnicity Form for all patients, and collect applicable co-payments.
- Schedule patient follow-up appointments, schedule interpreters, and distribute surveys.
- Prepare patient and schedule information for the next day’s appointments.
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed.
- Intake and release patient forms, records, and prescriptions.
- Input patient demographics, insurance and accident information timely into the computer system, verify benefit information for all new patients, and enter employer code constants into the database.
- Punctual attendance to all scheduled shifts, department meetings and facility inservices.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year reception/clerical experience in a medical setting
- One year insurance experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and communicate (orally and written) effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak clearly, calmly and to maintain patience
- Proficiency with Windows based applications and familiarity with scheduling software