Senior Software Engineer- Distributed Engineering @ Publicis Groupe - Westlake Village, CA
Post a job for free in Westlake Village, CA
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Conversant is a marketing tech platform that helps brands transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. The Conversant platform powers a connected suite of products and services called Epsilon PeopleCloud, combining leading-edge identity management, industrial-strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades of working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands create exceptional business outcomes. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who wants to own major components of our data processing platform. You will be dedicated to systems architecture, capacity, security, stability, and data flow issues throughout our platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build large distributed systems that scale well – to petabytes of data and thousands of nodes.
- Understand performance bottlenecks, failure points, and security holes in such large-scale systems, then design and implement software that avoids them.
- Develop tools that automate the operations, administration, and tuning of large distributed clusters.
- Develop tools that facilitate the tuning, development, debugging, and profiling of jobs running on such large clusters.
- Develop tools to enable the development and optimization of distributed data workflow pipelines.
- Profile and optimize large distributed clusters, at the application, operating system, file system, server and network levels.
- Administer application-level knowledge of back-end systems architecture, as well as contribution to the overall design to monitor and sustain our high standards of availability, security and performance.
- 4+ years software development experience in a highly scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment.
- Unix environment experience (CentOS, Red Hat Linux) including shell scripting
- Extensive software development experience in Java (preferred), C++ or Python
- System performance debugging and kernel forensics experience
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, DNS, File system, Load balancing, etc)
- Sufficient understanding of Grid computing, Map-Reduce, advanced server clustering and distributed programming
- Familiarity with virtual machine technologies
- Systems monitoring and management for grid computing.
- Provisioning and operating a large-scale compute/storage system.
- Working knowledge of distributed file systems (development knowledge is a strong plus).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.