SVP Chief Digital Officer Job @ BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. - Westborough, MA
SVP Chief Digital Officer Job
Post a job for free in Westborough, MA
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The CDO is a senior executive position reporting to the CEO and responsible for the strategic leadership of the company’s digital function. This position will lead a team of digital professionals (~65 Team Members and ~100 Consultants) to create a best in class transformative digital offering that aligns with the company’s overall business strategy, exceeds our club members expectations and drives membership growth/retention, margin and revenue objectives.
The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration in a matrixed organization, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable ecommerce operation, including digital strategy, product management, software engineering, site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing and analytics, customer engagement, conversion and retention, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of digital software engineering and operations.
The role will actively collaborate with cross-functional partners in Membership, Merchandising, Planning, Marketing, Club Operations, IT, and Business Operations to optimize processes and provide insights that will drive profitable sales growth across all channels of the business. With full P&L accountability, the CDO must have a Commerical first mindset, continuously seeking out new initiatives that will increase sales consistent the company’s overall strategic direction.
- Collaborate and partner with senior management to champion the digital function.
- Create and drive digital strategy and vision with an emphasis on delivering transformational change and constructive disruption.
- Partner with the business and field teams to ensure digital investment enables and powers business strategy.
- Research and evaluate existing and emerging concepts and technologies relative to digital marketing, digital technology, and determine the most effective long-range strategy and architecture.
- Lead and develop a high performing and engaged team by ensuring career development, career laddering, personal accountability, performance management and goal setting.
- Develop a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk taking.
- Recommend and implement commerical and technical strategies and initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, retention, revenue, and profitability.
- Enhance the omni-channel strategy by creating a seamless and integrated customer experience across the digital platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile app) and club locations.
- Plan and manage digital marketing budget, continuously evaluating and improving return on investment. Oversee digital marketing strategy for owned, earned, and paid channels (e.g., web, email, affiliate, display, and search). Use data analytics to track performance to goals and benchmarks and identify opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective online campaigns, digital marketing, and social media strategies that drive traffic, increase conversion, and expand sales both online and in-store.
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation and ongoing forecasting and results analysis.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Planning to execute all online merchandising strategies. Ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in areas of navigation, internal search, product set-up, and activation.
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with third parties, vendors, and online partners. Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Patience to navigate complex organizational structures, collaborate to get buy-in across functions and diplomatically challenge the status-quo and solidify relationships with a broad group of people.
- Proven success rapidly growing a digital business in a retail environment, leveraging strong crossfunctional partnerships, while motivating, leading and building a high performing team.
- Experience designing, implementing and operating omni-channel products such as Ship-From-Store, Buy Online Pickup In-Store, Same-Day Delivery, In-Store Mobile Solutions, etc.
- Experience with IBM Websphere Website and Sterling Commerce OMS platforms a plus
- Familiarity with Instacart delivery and Branding Brand Mobility solutions a plus.
- Technology leadership experience, including comprehensive knowledge of both the Internet and related technologies as well as the marketing and commercial imperatives of the organization.
- Proven track record of growing and developing a high performing team that works in partnership with the most senior merchandise and business leaders of company.
- Strong retail, financial, analytical and business acumen to make strategic recommendations and has led highly successful, associated execution.
- Demonstrated outstanding analytical skills in order to develop effective strategies, determine project risks, and plan product development.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with other line managers across the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field is expected; Masters degree is preferred.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.