Physical Therapy Input Referral Specialist (Part-time) @ HOUSTON PHYSICIANS' HOSPITAL - Webster, TX
Post a job for free in Webster, TX
Responsible for verifying benefits prior to procedures and notifying the patient of financial responsibility. Maintains information in an organized manner and obtains pre-authorization for procedures as required by the Insurance Companies.
Reviews financial obligation with patient and family member. Responsible for sending proper documentation to billing department. Prequalifies third party coverage of scheduled procedure. Assists in the collection and follow-up of patient survey responses. Performs duties of Admitting Receptionist in absence of Admitting Receptionist.
- Four years of medical facility or medical business office experience required
- High School graduate required
- Experience in customer relations or teaching preferred
- Experience in third party payer requirements preferred
- Automated billing systems experience required
- Training/experience in business office activities preferred
- Requires frequent and constant judgement for timely response to patient questions and concerns.
- Requires language skills adequate for effective written and interpersonal communication in American English.
- Require visual and auditory acuity adequate for frequent use of computers and occasional use of other business office equipment.
- Ability to sit for long periods and to perform desk and office activities.
Category III exposure to bloodborne pathogens may encounter chemical hazards.
- Receives and maintains all PT referral sources; via fax, email, and physicians’ systems.
- Inputs all referrals on communication board.
- Assist in scheduling JSC patients.
- Obtains all demographic information for PT referrals.
- Communicates with each clinic coordinator to ensure all referrals are captured and processed.
- Reports regularly to the Physical Therapy Supervisor about the status of current projects or workflow.
- Maintains an hour turnaround time for all referral inputs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While preforming the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds