National Preparedness Policy Analyst @ ANSER - Washington, DC
Post a job for free in Washington, DC
ANSER enhances national and homeland security by strengthening public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex issues through independent analysis and we deliver practical, useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. Because we were established for the purpose of public service and not for profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
The senior analyst will support the OSD Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy (OUSD(P)), Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense Integration and Defense Support to Civil Authorities (HDI/DSCA).
- Analyze national and DoD preparedness policy publications and manage coordination of staff actions related to national policy that require the approval of the Secretary of Defense, the Under Secretary for Policy, and the ASD (HD&GS).
- Analyze NSC objectives in support of ASD (HD&GS) and DASD (HDI&DSCA) and staff members' engagement in monthly meetings of the Domestic Resilience Group Policy Coordination Committee.
- Coordinate with the FEMA Office of Preparedness Policy and assess DOD requirements for the National Preparedness Report (NPR) to the President; liaison with DoD Components to collect, consolidate, and analyze an annual Department-wide data call, including input for the NPR; and coordinate the draft NPR across DOD.
- Provide technical assistance and coordinate with appropriate DoD Components to develop and maintain web content for the DoD national preparedness website; refresh content on the website on a quarterly basis; and analyze and assess social media metrics on activity and use of the website.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with interagency partners to include FEMA/DHS on U.S. government preparedness or security, or support to civilian authorities during domestic emergency response events
- Familiarity with the DoD DSCA Automated Support System (DDASS) and its use
- 10 or more years' experience and expertise analyzing systems and operations issues related to national preparedness or security policy at a Headquarters level within a U.S. Government Department or Agency
- Experience working and providing analysis of PPD-8 and National Preparedness issues and campaigns
- Experience managing or working with the DoD national preparedness website.
- Experience preparing background materials, briefing books, trip books, and memoranda on preparedness policy issues for high level DoD and Interagency meeting
- Experience or familiarity with legislative actions regarding the Department's HD, and DSCA and defense policy interactions with Congress.
- Ability to provide deliberate analysis and provide advice to Senior Department level leadership on development of policy guidance within the Department and in response to requests.
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 12 years’ related experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please call 703-416-2000 or e-mail [email protected]
ANSER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.