HVAC Technicican @ SpaceX - Vandenberg AFB, CA
Post a job for free in Vandenberg AFB, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Maintain and repair HVAC support equipment on facilities systems including air handlers, chilled water, condenser pumps, cooling towers, valves, and filters
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule on launch associated HVAC systems
- Collaborate with engineering and managers to maintain systems in peak operating condition
- Follow all regulations and appropriate SpaceX procedures including quality policies, safety policies, and standards per the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Perform ductwork modifications and various repairs
- Perform brazing, soldering, evacuation and charging of various refrigerants
- Perform water piping and insulation modifications and repairs
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of professional experience working with HVAC, pneumatic, mechanical, or electrical systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in HVAC technology
- Knowledge in the following areas: HVAC, electrical safety, pneumatic principles, tubing, pipe-fittings, rotating machinery (pumps, air compressors, etc.), and a variety of mechanical fasteners
- Universal certification from the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI)
- Knowledge of high pressure gas, flammable gas, and refrigeration gases
- Professional experience maintaining high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters and standard air handling unit (AHU) filtration systems
- Basic understanding of the theory of operation for refrigeration, motors, and mechanics
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 25 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Ability to work overtime as needed; schedule flexibility required to meet business needs
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, dynamic work environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.