Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our IT team! The qualified individual will execute be responsible for performing mid-level configuration of desktop/mobile computer equipment by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining PC desktop, laptop configuration, mobile device, desktop phones, conference AV equipment, Windows operating systems and software and other applications. This individual will execute Zymo Research’s approach to managing cyber threats and compliance risk across our hosted and cloud services security stack.
As part of the IT team, you will leverage your skills to deliver quality results to Zymo Research employees.
This position is full time, fully onsite, and is based at Zymo Research Operations in Tustin, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mid-level on-site and off-site configuration of desktop/mobile computer equipment fieldwork support and manages fulfillment requests for end-users in a timely manner. Supports, installs and maintains users' desktop/mobile software and hardware. Provides consultation to users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software. Technical owner responsible for end-to-end problem ownership, resolution and communication with team members. May provide on-site training to users.
- Responsible for completing related desktop support project-based work.
- Responsible for processing all e-set up requests, including but not limited to mobile, new hire and termination requests. Establishes changes and/or deletes user logins and system access rights based on approval of the system owners and supervisors.
- Responds to Service Desk and Desktop Support requests in a timely manner, conducting necessary research and recording conclusions in ticketing system.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation including workflow diagrams associated with troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Promotes relevant incident resolutions to Knowledge Base Articles.
- Evaluates system configuration and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources. Identify problem trends and report for further analysis.
- Administer and configure desktop and mobile phones, wireless devices and video conferencing equipment.
- Coordinates hardware and software repairs with vendors, as needed.
- Complies with applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in on-call rotation for off-hours critical systems monitoring and support. Available to work flexible hours as required by assigned projects or system problems.
- Communicates important security developments, escalations, and activities to appropriate management personnel.
- Facilitates security operations and improves the efficiency of incident responses.
- Supports critical business implementations relating to security requirements.
- Participates in technical audits to ensure compliance with security policies and other industry standards.
- Participates in the creation of security documents.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or related study
- Knowledgeable in current Windows, Linux, and OSX environments
- Proficient in current versions of Microsoft Office Suite & O365
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP, Security & Networking
- Experience with Help Desk and ticketing systems
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools. Whether it's epigenetics, DNA, RNA, microbiomics, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance. Named a Top Workplace by the OC Register in 2021, 2022 and Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a place where employees feel engaged, connected, and energized about their work. If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want to speak with you!
The estimated hourly range for this position is $24 - $28/hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Zymo Research Operations Facility, 2911 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780