Software Engineer @ Volvo Cars - Sunnyvale, CA
Post a job for free in Sunnyvale, CA
Want to drive digital change in automotive?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
Volvo’s mission is to be the world’s most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people’s lives less complicated. Here at Volvo we are looking for individuals that want to be a part of this progressive change as well as be talented, committed and fun spirited when joining our globally diversified workforce. Employees at Volvo Car Inc. are the key component to our current and future success. We still continue to follow the initial core values instilled by our founders Assar Gabrielsson and Gustaf Larson (Gothenburg, Sweden Circa 1927). Everything we do here at Volvo starts with people in mind. We are looking for employees who are analytical, interpersonal, technical and teamwork driven to join the Volvo family and by providing our employees with a foundation for success we can help develop the latest and greatest innovations to the car manufacturing market.
We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
This role is within our Consumer Digital Learn & SHOP (CDLS) team, which is using digital technology to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car cannot be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. To make this a reality is our mission.
As a core member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and developing new consumer applications that reach Volvo’s customers. You should have start-up experience where you had quickly developed prototypes and catalyzed product development in a fast paced, fluid environment. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
Who You Are:
- Experience designing and building production-level web applications
- Strong analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of backend development, including data models, backend services, complex business logic
- Experience using REST APIs and an understanding of HTTP and REST architecture
- An understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a team player and open to change
- Fun and friendly attitude
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other major cloud providers and containerization
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 3-year work experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira)
- A passion for cars and developments in the auto industry
- Strong understanding of additional languages such as Java
- Understanding of CMS systems, such as Drupal or Sitecore
- Understanding of Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies
- Experience monitoring and operating production-level service
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.