Bus Monitor @ The Children’s Center - Suffolk, VA
Post a job for free in Suffolk, VA
The Children's Center, a non-profit agency, is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young children, one family at a time. Our mission is to nurture and educate children and their families. We provide opportunities for education, parenting support and resources to families in our communities.
The Children's Center Head Start/Early Head Start is a federally funded program that provides no cost services to qualifying families who reside in the community. Comprehensive services are provided to pregnant women and their partners and children from birth to 5. Child development, health and family services are provided through a variety of program options designed to meet the needs of low-income and at risk families.
This position is responsible for the general transportation needs and safety of all children. Assures safe and punctual transport of all children and adults participating in The Children’s Center program; Complies with all rules as stated in the Regulations and The Children’s Center’s Policy;Assures that children are fastened securely and properly in car seats or seat belts according to criteria developed by the Department of the Motor Vehicles; Assures that all adults are wearing seat belts while bus is in motion; Reports any broken/damaged car seats to transporter; Assures timely pick-up and discharge of all clients; Cleans inside and outside of van/bus as needed; Assists in day care, as needed, when not in transit; Performs all other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Must obtain Adult and Infant CPR/First Aid Certification within first 10 days of employment
- Must obtain eMAT Certification within first 30 days of employment (or sooner if class offered)
- Must obtain Food Handlers Certification within first 10 days of employment
- Must pass other required training, such as HIPPA Training, within first 10 days of employment
- Demonstrate good communication skills;
- Attends required pre-service and in-service trainings;
- Must be able to lift children in and out of the vehicle as well as transfer car seats from one vehicle to another up to 65 lbs.
- Candidate must be able to physically move up and down stairs on the bus and to sit for extended periods of time traveling up to 6 hours per day.
- Must meet all physical, mental, moral and other requirements as set forth by Federal and State Regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran, Drug Free Workplace