About the Role
We are looking for a visual designer with an interest in the automotive and mobility sector who wants to help create stunning user interfaces. A UI designer at icon group can expect to be involved in a wide array of projects and we offer you the chance to express
spirit! By working in an interdisciplinary team of UI, UX, and motion designers, we want you to be contributing at every level to achieve the common goal of creating stunning interfaces. Great design
needs collaboration and communication, but that doesn’t stop you from working independently when needed to make sure our pixel perfect projects are completed on time! With so many projects and changes in the automotive, tech, retail, and finance industry
, you will be working under the direction of senior UI designers and creative directors who will mentor, support, and help you grow as a designer and strategic thinker!
- Salary Range: 75K to 90K based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Create, explore, and deliver pixel perfect digital assets from within design systems and concepts for automotive and mobility projects
- Contribute in the exploration of visual styling, design languages, and usability concepts
- Sketch and develop prototypes for interface designs
- Interest and basic understanding of complex design systems and comprehensive UX concepts as they relate to the automotive industry
- Willing to learn and be interested in new tools and methods for design
- Present and discuss own work with both internal and external teams
- Work with lead designers and project managers to ensure the project is completed in a timely manner and exceeds expectations
- To help mentor junior designers and contribute to a culture of feedback and openness
- Degree in visual communication, graphic design, or other related design field
- Experience in designing interfaces, 3+ years experience at a digital or design agency
- Basic understanding of information architecture
- Proficiency with the Adobe CC Suite, Sketch is a must. Figma is a plus
- Basic knowledge of 3D/motion design is a plus
At icon group we disrupt markets by redefining the established and creating the new. We enable smart interactions at home and beyond, creating experiences for today and tomorrow. And while experiences are what we provide, design
is at the heart of what we do, fueled by our curiosity and the desire to deliver the best possible results. Our creative thinking is end to end, starting with insightful strategies and ideation that informs customer experience design
. In parallel we validate technical feasibility and develop software and hardware prototypes. Our efforts are punctuated with future showcases or industrialized products at scale.
Our US Headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA, but we remain close to our sister studios in Detroit, Berlin, and Shanghai. Our diverse team is made up of scrappy, passionate innovators who believe that user experience is just as much about joy as it is about ease. We are creators with an unquenchable curiosity and drive to turn business
challenges into success stories. Our team is united in the company’s mission and engaged in its success. iconmobile believes in helping its employees thrive in their journeys as disruptors and groundbreakers.
Culture & Benefits
Continuous development is a key component of innovation and since our people are our greatest strength, we know how important it is to provide development opportunities. Additionally, with so much diversity in the work we do, it’s nearly impossible not to learn something new every day - whatever your role.
Everything we do at iconmobile aims to support our employees in their pursuits in and out of the office. With flexible working hours, ambitious and bright colleagues and an innovative
international environment with diverse employees from every corner of the globe, we allow our employees the chance to define their own authentic work-life balance, challenge imaginations and help us stay innovative
and forward thinking. As we work hard and we strive for excellence, we also do our best to make our employees feel happy – therefore we provide access to a host of discounts and deals for shopping and services and offer lots of company events and parties and competitive industry salaries\_\_.
Equal opportunities at icon:
I \_con Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We support non-discriminatory, equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, Veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic outlined by federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, benefits, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business
needs at the time.\_\_\_