Principal Cloud Application Architect @ Amazon Web Services, Inc. - Santa Monica, CA
Post a job for free in Santa Monica, CA
- BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
- Cloud experience
- 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles, leading custom, enterprise-level, multi-million dollar application builds.
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications
- Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools
- Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices
Are you a full-stack developer who has built cloud applications? Would you like to lead our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud?
You will be working on cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption.
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications.
AWS is looking for talented hands-on technical architects and senior developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As a Principal Architect, you’ll be expected to:
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
- Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
- Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
- Advise on implementing AWS best practices.
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise.
- Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
- Computer Science or Engineering background.
- Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms.
- Experience with architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform.
- Experience with designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies.
- Experience with architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration, automated deployment and configuration management.
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
- Experience with presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
- Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers.
- Experience with blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design.
- Participant in speaking engagements, published work, published blogs, and/or acquired patents, demonstrating industry notoriety.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.