Web Developer @ QAD - Santa Barbara, CA
Post a job for free in Santa Barbara, CA
Our employees tell us they love working for a global organization focused on collaboration, teamwork, and customer outcomes. Since 1979, QAD has provided solutions and services for customers in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences industries so they can better align daily operations with their strategic goals. We offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: The Effective Enterprise.
As a Web Developer you will be working collaboratively within the Creative Services Team providing web development skills necessary to drive front-end web page design and implementation for internal and external facing websites. In this role you will also be partnering with the ITS development teams along with acting as a marketing representative to relay defined business requirements through the deployment on live websites. You will find yourself collaborating to set and follow guidelines, clearly communicate, identify dependencies and document alternative development approaches clearly as well as identifying business and technical tradeoffs. Continually engage current best practices for optimal UX and development platforms, scripts and design trends and web experiences.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Using standards developed jointly with IT
- Take business requirements while working with the creative team in order to perform work related to development of web-based projects
- Help ensure that marketing communication and business strategic goals are reached through deployment of web development initiatives.
- Develop a partnership with the ITS development team meeting mutual standards for security, methodology and performance and pushing design limits.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders in cross-functional groups to lead deployment initiatives on a set time basis.
- Working with ITS and the greater Marketing team, develop templates and frameworks that are flexible and scalable to a variety of uses for front-end development.
- These templates and frameworks are fundamental to marketing communication web development and organization-wide development as well.
- Adequate documentation and knowledge sharing with stakeholders.
- Work closely with greater Marketing team and ITS to establish understandable methodology and documentation of projects and use cases.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- B.S. degree: courses in computer science and web development preferred.
- 4 years of hands on experience within Web Development
- Technical knowledge and understanding in order to effectively communicate with multiple departments (written and oral)
- Have the ability to balance competing priorities expectations, timelines and scope, awareness of customer experience
- Knowledge of design concepts and best practices for web UX.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.