Sr. Front-End Engineer @ First American - Santa Ana, CA
2 months ago
Sr. Front-End Engineer
First American - Santa Ana, CA
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
First American is building a cutting edge, internal consulting team to grow our business through delighting our customer. If you crave customer satisfaction, are lit up by technology and live for transformation, this is the job for you.
As a front-end software development engineer on the team, you will translate concepts and business requirements in user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to an intuitive user experience. You will work closely with product owner and stake holder to gain clear understanding of product vision and requirements. You will also provide strategic design and user-experience recommendations based on the core features and new features of our products. You will collaborate with scrum team to accomplish business goals.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills to both business and technical partners are absolute requirements. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services and will flourish in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We seek a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them. High collaboration with Product and Design are imperative. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and customers will make you successful in this role.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather business user interface requirements.
- Design a user experience and create an engaging user interface for our customer facing applications.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of the application.
- Create guidelines and best practices to create an excellent customer experience.
- Have a passion for usability, simplicity, and visual consistency.Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
- BA/BS degree in the field of Design or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of previous professional UX design experience.
- Ability to prototype UI with CSS, HTML, JSON, React, Angular, and others.
- Experience as a designer working closely with development teams in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with design patterns, user experience guidelines and best practices for all platform product experiences.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Capability to identify design problems and provide quality solutions.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and stay current with modern design trends and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication
- A rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application, a "shift left" mentality
Basic Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI refactoring for a more intuitive user experience.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Evaluate the quality of the user experience. Test, analyze and report results, and make recommendations to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and overall satisfaction of the user.
- Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
This position will involve collaboration with back end developers and some interaction with internal customers.
Newport Beach, CA
At least 5+ years of professional software development experience and strong technical background in front-end technology. Micro frontend experience a plus.
Santa Ana, CA
Strong front end development experience ideally with single-page applications. Front-end development: 6 years (Required). Provide input on app architecture.
We are looking for developer to programming, design, and maintenance of our eCommerce platforms. Day-to-day maintenance of the e-commerce websites.
Ready Artwork specializes in designing and marketing websites for private and public brands. We grow clients’ online presence through custom website designs, E…
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing and implementing back-end services in a current framework such as Spring, Express, Django, etc.
Foster a culture of collaboration, problem solving, and standards for our front-end community. This is a full time role for a candidate who is….
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Front end MVC frameworks such as React or AngularJS. You should be comfortable being part of a cross-functional team and working with a diverse group of…
Los Angeles, CA
Naturally curious and compelled to figure out any design problem thrown at you, you work shoulder to shoulder with Graphic Designers, Leads, Project Manager,…
You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable deep-diving into solving complex problems. Reviewing requirements and interface designs.
2+ years of experience in front-end web app development. Using your full range of software development and product thinking skills, you will be responsible for…
Evergreen Management Services LLC
UI design with some back end experience. We are an established cannabis company seeking a qualified full time Web Developer with SEO experience.
This position will primarily focus on front-end development with HTML/CSS. Implement best of breed front-end web development technologies; integrate in to…
San Diego, CA
Deep understanding of front-end architecture. GXP is looking for a senior level front-end developer with a deep understanding of modern web architectures and…
These SMBs look to LegalZoom when taking the next steps on their journey of running a business, such as getting the right business licenses, opening a business…
Los Angeles, CA
Lead the development efforts for our user facing product. Architect frontend codebases & push for coding best practices. You'll excel at this role if you:
Groundswell Giving, Inc.
El Segundo, CA
As an early member of the team, this person will be responsible for end-to-end mobile application development and excited to take ownership (building, shipping…
Experience with Node.js and creating back end functionality to support the front-end development. High level of experience with React, and/or similar front-end…
Groundswell Giving, Inc.
El Segundo, CA
Groundswell is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology for better giving. This role will work closely with the rest of the engineering…
California City, CA
You will build Banking-As-A-Service products for the North American markets, that our customers use to navigate their financial lives.
Costa Mesa, CA
One Link Marketing
Long Beach, CA
Front-end development: 1 year (Preferred). Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs,…