Senior Splunk Engineer, Frontend @ Splunk - San Jose, CA
Post a job for free in San Jose, CA
A diverse and inclusive Splunk helps us achieve our mission of making data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone, and drives great outcomes for our company, our communities and each other. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The Splunk at Splunk team leverages all elements of Splunk’s portfolio to create IT and Security solutions for Splunk organizations. We use a combination of Splunk Cloud, Enterprise Security, ITSI, Phantom, VictorOps, and SignalFX as key ingredients in our solutions.
There are many integrations required that include on-prem and SaaS services, some of which require innovative solutions. Much of what we create for Splunk is also shared with customers via Github, SplunkBase, conferences, and EBC meetings. On any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies
As a Splunk Engineer, Frontend you will be responsible for all aspects of Splunk content development for IT operations and security use cases. The innovations built by our team will be widely shared and you should be eager to both drive these efforts, as well as share your knowledge with the Splunk community.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Design, develop, and showcase new Splunk apps that monitor the health and performance of both internal and external Splunk IT services
- Build Application Performance Monitoring (APM) in SignalFX, as well as ITSI content for Splunk’s IT services
- Develop, test, and implement a variety of Splunk knowledge objects, such as data models, field extractions, tags, macros, and event types
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that.
- 8+ years working in IT (with some experience in service operations strongly preferred)
- 4+ years performing development in Splunk products (ITSI, Splunk Enterprise, ES, SignalFX)
- Expert level knowledge of service implementation in ITSI
- Experience with implementing SignalFX or other APM tools
- Deep understanding of IT fundamentals to include Windows and Linux operating systems, networking, security, cloud, database, and web server technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external customers with ease
- A solid technical understanding of Splunk Enterprise/Cloud products
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with writing use cases, software requirements, and user acceptance tests (UAT)
- Experience building Common Information Model (CIM) compliant Splunk technology addons
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Golang)
Education: Got it.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- An opportunity to innovate cutting-edge solutions using Splunk software for Splunk itself. Plus, the ability to share those innovations with our customers! How cool is that?
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.