Software Engineer, Backend @ Polarr - San Jose, CA
Post a job for free in San Jose, CA
Polarr is looking for a Backend Engineer to manage and expand our backend stack and user experience. In this role, you will work with both a brilliant AI research team as well as a humorous frontend team with a goal of maximizing the impact of Polarr's technology to the world.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development, with at least 1 year full backend experience.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems, particularly in microservices architecture
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming.
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, message queue and security.
- Experience with all the major cloud vendors, such as AWS, GCP, Azure and AliCloud.
Support new product features in Polarr photo editor, such as social signups
Encoding, decoding, versioning of Polarr filters
Integration with dual cloud services, AWS and Aliyun
Build and improve a Polarr filter search service
- An eloquent, articulate, effective, creative and eclectic communicator
- Excellent listener and able to pick up implicit signals and understand key requests from other teams.
- Fearless, tenacious, relentless and always looking for improving our internal infrastructure to help other teams.
- Scrappy, comfortable with chaos and discomfort, startup experience is a plus.
Vision: We imagine a world where there is no barrier to inspiration, no judgement to self-expression, no limit to where creativity can be applied.
Our Story: Polarr was founded by two Stanford alumni out of the frustration for overly complex creative workflows to make photos look good. Today, Polarr has more than 5 million monthly active users who share their creative process and artistic styles with each others. Our company raised a $12m Series A in 2019 from Threshold (formerly DFJ), Pear.vc who previously invested in Twitter, Patreon, Doordash, etc. We’re looking to grow our users and product lines to build a new ecosystem of community-made visual styles to unleash everyone’s creativity.
You can find more about how it is like to work at Polarr with additional resources such as perks at our careers page.