Senior Researcher @ Instacart - San Francisco, CA
Post a job for free in San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with product, design, data science, and engineering to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart's mission.
We're looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our Growth team and bring the world to Instacart, connect them to everything we offer, and change the way they shop forever. You're a passionate user advocate that owns and communicates user insights that lead to strong recommendations and successful outcomes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams by sharing insights that identify problems and unsolved user needs
- Conduct research to explore the behaviors and motivations of users through a variety of research techniques and mixed methods
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of data scientists, product managers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about building products
- Generate foundational understanding of Instacart's new user experience in order to support acquisition efforts
- Identify behavioral insights that help shape the team's levers to help retention and build loyalty
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action
- Provide mentorship for junior researchers and seeks to uplevel others by proactively sharing expertise, techniques, and knowledge
- 5+ years research experience in an applied industry role, demonstrating:
- Proven ability of influencing product strategy through clear, concise and impactful storytelling
- Deep understanding of the range of qualitative and quantitative methods, including trade offs for each
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, including business metrics, A/B Tests, and surveys
- Experience working within e-commerce, online marketplaces, groceries, or consumer tech a plus
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience desired