Senior Product Manager, Ads Quality @ Instacart - San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager, Ads Quality
Post a job for free in San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn't fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
About Instacart Ads
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey — from initial keyword search and aisle browsing through checkout. Our vision is to democratize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
About the Ad Quality Team
The mission of the Ad Quality team is to drive the selection and ranking of ads across all placements and product lines. Ensure we are prioritizing the best ad for a customer, page and context to deliver the highest engagement rate and best advertiser value.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across Ads
- Partner with Data Science and AI/ML engineering team to identify opportunities, set success metrics to drive step function improvements in various Ads quality models.
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company.
- Experience partnering closely with AI/ML engineers to drive business metrics.
- Preferred but not required experience in Ads Quality.
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives