Human Resource Generalist @ Instacart - San Francisco, CA
Post a job for free in San Francisco, CA
This role can be based anywhere in the Western Region of the United States.
We are looking for an HR Generalist to provide regional support to our dispersed Operations and Central Operations teams in our Western Region. The HR Generalist will directly handle, advise and coach on employee relations, compensation and compliance matters, as well as work with the broader People team to develop and drive company-wide initiatives and overall process improvements. This role is a critical component of our business growth and will further our mission of creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
This role reports into the Sr Manager, HRBP and will work in cooperation with two other Regional HR Generalists and an Employee Relations Manager to provide comprehensive support to the greater Operations and Central Operations team.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Act as subject-matter expert for CA labor laws for both exempt and non-exempt employee groups (payroll, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Advise and provide mentorship to first-time managers on employee relations, systems implementation, performance management, policies, and other related topics
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Provide on-the-ground HR support for the west coast region
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to HR programs and processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience
- Conduct exit interviews and support administration of employee offboarding
- Handle employee relations investigations and respond to all questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, company programs and policies
- Partner cross-functionally with teams across Recruiting, Payroll, Learning & Development, Legal, Compensation, Benefits, and Compliance to integrate people solutions
- Five (5) years of HR experience in fast growing organizations
- Knowledge of HR federal & provincial laws and regulations (CA compliance experience required)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Solid communicator with proven experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally, ideally with dispersed teams
- Experience being the face of HR, representing policies and practices to managers and employees across the organization
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- An analytical mindset and high business acumen
- Experience with Workday (or similar HRIS), Google suite, Greenhouse, Conversant
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.