Java Software Engineer III @ Leidos - San Dimas, CA
6 days ago
Java Software Engineer III
Leidos - San Dimas, CA
QTC’s New Markets and Emerging Technologies IT team is currently seeking experienced Software Engineers in support of the company’s overall IT modernization and corporate growth goals.
QTC is currently searching for motivated and adaptable individuals to support the Senior Director of New Markets and Emerging Technologies within the IT organization. The New Markets and Emerging Technologies team has been charged with assessing QTC’s current capabilities and doing two things: One, find ways to leverage these capabilities with new customers and markets. Two, bring in new technology to make existing processes better (e.g., more efficient, more secure), or to bring in capabilities that are not part of QTC’s core that will benefit the company and its customers. This will be achieved in short, proof of concept projects that align to a larger roadmap of technical or contractual capabilities. The proof of concepts will take place in a pre-production environment but will include a path to production should the project prove valuable to the company. This is a great opportunity to learn about QTC and provide innovative thought into growing the company.
The New Markets & Emerging Technologies Software Engineer will support technical efforts surrounding the design, development, testing, troubleshooting and debugging of software associated with existing and new capabilities within the QTC capability portfolio. The candidate will work closely with a scrum team within the New Markets & Emerging Technologies team to create software and test out proof of concept technologies that may roll out in future QTC capabilities.
Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located in San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; Reston, VA or Philadelphia, PA.
- Develop and support containerized microservices within a Kubernetes cluster
- Java development of microservices to implement new capabilities or enhance existing services
- Full stack implementation and support capabilities
- Creative problem solving of issues that arise in local and production environments
- Support CI/CD automation related to services
- Mentor other team-members through code-reviews and one-on-one sessions
- Create adequate and understandable documentation for services
- Communicate effectively across product, development, operations, and application security teams
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies when encountered
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
- BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Development experience with:
- Exposure to:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Agile software development (Kanban, Scrum), including testing
- DevOps and operational support experience
- Experience with infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Experience with the following technologies is desired:
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
San Diego, CA
Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs.
Experience designing and developing process control and data management software for automated data processing systems.
US Naval Air Systems Command
Point Mugu, CA
You will generate software requirements, perform software architecture and design, and perform software integration utilizing Electronics Warfare (EW) systems.
Costa Mesa, CA
Strong advocate of disciplined software development. Flexible Time Off: 20 Days. EPS Engineers are hands-on coders as well as high-level designers and thinkers …
Proficiency with productivity software like Microsoft Office and Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.). The individual will be responsible for coordination with…
San Diego, CA
Experience in PLM software – Siemens Teamcenter desired. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy,…
San Diego, CA
Leverage the Ignition and Perspective platforms to develop software solutions to solve business needs. The Ignition Software Developer is responsible for…
Los Angeles, CA
Ability to write code utilizing software development best practices. 5+ years of experience and a strong interest in computer, software, and cloud security.
Amazon.com Services LLC
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience. Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Experience in software testing; Verification & Validation. Masters Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical…
WSO software aspects related to SOX/Audit compliance. Experience with Manhattan Associates software and Cognos strongly preferred.
Holland America Line Inc
Santa Clarita, CA
Understanding of modern software design patterns. Demonstrated ability delivering through other software engineers. Acts as a point of risk escalation for team.
San Diego, CA
Manages full life cycle of software development. Tests software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency. Knowledge in all stages of software development.
Zachary Piper Solutions
Seal Beach, CA
Write software code and integrate completed software components into a fully functional software system. Perform software development in the agile methodology…
The Aerospace Corporation
El Segundo, CA
Support the development and maturation of analysis software tools. Academic or professional experience in modern software development, integration, and testing…
Experience with software programming, C++, Java. Understanding of the current Teamcenter PLM application architecture and capabilities to evaluate the technical…
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs.
Culver City, CA
3+ years working experience in software Android Development. Strong understanding of software engineering practices and principles especially relating to mobile…
Focus Talent Group
Design, develop and maintain software using java and spring framework technologies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in Java, Spring and…
Los Angeles, CA
5+ years' experience writing software. Adhere to Best Practices with company software. Create new software code per team goals and guidelines.
Knowledge of python, java and postgreSQL or similar database. Understand current electrical, mechanical and PLC software components and build on these in phases…
Los Angeles, CA
2+ years' experience writing software. Adhere to Best Practices with company software. Create new software code per team goals and guidelines.
Tune the application infrastructure to get the optimum performance out of the given hardware and software configuration.