DevOps Engineering II @ Leidos - San Dimas, CA
6 days ago
DevOps Engineering II
Leidos - San Dimas, CA
QTC’s New Markets and Emerging Technologies IT team is currently seeking experienced DevOps Engineers in support of the company’s overall IT modernization and corporate growth goals.
QTC is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Senior Director of New Markets and Emerging Technologies within the IT organization. The New Markets and Emerging Technologies team has been charged with assessing QTC’s current capabilities and doing two things: One, find ways to leverage these capabilities with new customers and markets. Two, bring in new technology to make existing processes better (e.g., more efficient, more secure), or to bring in capabilities that are not part of QTC’s core that will benefit the company and its customers. This will be achieved in short, proof of concept projects that align to a larger roadmap of technical or contractual capabilities. The proof of concepts will take place in a pre-production environment but will include a path to production should the project prove valuable to the company. This is a great opportunity to learn about QTC and provide innovative thought into growing the company.
The New Markets & Emerging Technologies DevOps Engineering Lead will support technical efforts surrounding the optimization of engineering and integration processes associated with existing and new capabilities within the QTC capability portfolio. The candidate will work closely with the Senior Director, the engineering/architecture team, and development teams to create strategies, plans, and processes in order to test out proof of concept technologies that may roll out in future QTC capabilities. The candidate will be part of the SecDevOps team within the New Markets & Emerging Technologies team.
- Develop and support containerized microservices within a Kubernetes cluster
- Development of microservices to implement new capabilities or enhance existing services
- Full stack implementation and support capabilities
- Creative problem solving of issues that arise in local and production environments
- Own tasks through analysis, implementation, and production deployment
- Work closely with Operations team to provide repeatable, automated process
- Support CI/CD automation related to services
- Mentor other team-members through code-reviews and one-on-one sessions
- Create adequate and understandable documentation for services
- Communicate effectively across product, development, operations, and application security teams
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies when encountered
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
- BS Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with <2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Understand strategic direction and lead team to reach goals
- Use judgment to determine solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with development teams to understand project deliverables and promote SecDevOps culture
- Experience working in AWS/Azure cloud environment, solution architecture with AWS/Azure.
- Experience on a project with at least 1 yr duration implementing automation frameworks including one or more of the following: Ansible, Gitlab CI, Python, shell scripting
- Experience using or implementing development & automation tools such as Git, Jira, Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault, Kubernetes, Nexus, Maven,
- Experience designing and implementing container-based applications
- Experience scripting and/or programming in a Unix, Linux, Windows environment
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions using container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Konvoy, OpenShift, or Mesos
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions using private or public cloud
- Experience integrating DevOps pipeline with test automation tools
- Experience architecting and implementing infrastructure as code solutions
- Strong development experience with:
- Spring based microservices
- REST API’s (JSON, XML)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Exposure to:
- Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
- CI/CD automation (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Automated unit and integration testing (e.g. Junit, Jasmine, Selenium)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Agile software development (Kanban, Scrum), including testing
- DevOps and operational support experience
- Experience with health system infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Experience with the following technologies is desired:
- Gitlab pipeline automation
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Los Angeles, CA
A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
Proven ability to scale applications horizontally with an engineering team. Write and work with engineering team converting application into docker images.
El Segundo, CA
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in…
San Diego, CA
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI. Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI. The position’s focus is on advancing the current technologies for…
EV Connect Inc
El Segundo, CA
EV Connect is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with previous experience in a lead role with technical, automation, and programming experience.
You'll keep an ever-watchful eye on the performance of platform-provided services and setup monitoring to stay ahead of operational issues before they happen.
San Diego, CA
Implement micro services arch for web apps by writing Docker file, Image Build, launching container through Docker & kubernetes orchestration.
Experience in streamlining DevOps process, while aiding in frontend engineering projects. This position is ideal for candidates with strong DevOps knowledge who…
Agoura Hills, CA
Degree in computer science, engineering or similar major. Drive PennyMacs’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards.
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join the Access Network DevOps team in Viasat’s Global Networks and Technology group.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in aerospace engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar program (Relevant experience applicable).
Application development and software engineering experience in one or more programming languages such as Python/Scala/Java.
Costa Mesa, CA
Bling Financial (Blingfi.com) is a fast-growing mobile gaming and financial technology start-up. Once the initial hand-off is complete, you’ll be tasked with…
Los Angeles, CA
Assist in infrastructure migration process to IaC (Infrastructure as Code). Build and deploy monitoring and alerting systems across our entire infrastructure.
You have software engineering experience in . Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
TaylorMade Golf Company
S/he will understand business process re-engineering and IT system development. The Senior Engineer IT Infrastructure position provides technical expertise in…
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or other…
Evergreen Technologies, LLC.
Experience writing scripts to automate common programming, deployment and server tasks (e.g. bash, Python, Node.js, etc.).
5+ years of work experience in software engineering and/or release engineering. Communicate go/no-go release readiness criteria with engineering, product, and…
Manhattan Beach, CA
Partner with engineering teams to increase release velocity and decrease customer feed-back loop. The Lead of DevOps and SRE will be leading the DevOps…
MORI Associates, Inc.
Candidate chosen will develop, integrate, deploy, and operate highly available and resilient systems that support the infrastructure, business, mission systems,…
Deeply cares about best software engineering practices and code quality, including adhering to sprint plans, good coding conventions and tooling, clean…
Mercury Insurance Services, LLC
This position acts as a lead engineer on projects or exercises technical leadership in architecture, engineering design decisions.
Los Angeles, CA
PMC’s Product, Engineering, and Project (PEP) team is distributed, while remaining close and supportive. Automating all aspects of the development pipeline from…