Senior Systems Engineer @ Leidos - San Diego, CA
Post a job for free in San Diego, CA
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer/Architect to lead the engineering, design and implementation for a portfolio of next generation cryptographic key management solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting engineering and management efforts across a portfolio of cryptographic key management products and projects. The candidate will be involved in driving the strategy for technology evolution, data sharing and information assurance advancement. This will involve helping to set standards for adoption at the project level and throughout the broader cryptographic key management community. The candidate will work with the implementation team as well as the stakeholders and customer community to learn the user’s domain, requirements and business practices. This will assist the candidate in management of requirements, providing CONOPs as well as to provide detailed designs for the community and the development team.
The candidate will support the strategic and tactical execution of a variety of projects within the portfolio. This includes performance management and engineering tasking to ensure projects are running on time within budget and according to an optimal and efficient process. Candidates should have experience managing a team in an agile environment and be adept at problem solving. Successful candidates must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Help drive the tactical and strategic technology and product strategy for the customer community’s cryptographic key management solution set.
- Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio.
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by the development and test teams.
- Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to: technical manuals, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
- Manage efforts pertaining to software development, testing, and integration into mobile and small form factor hardware systems and hardware development kits (e.g., FPGA and ARM).
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Managing and implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Position requires US citizenship and an ability to obtain a Secret DoD security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering Management.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Knowledge of software / architecture design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skill Sets:
- EKMS/KMI knowledge of crypto key management concepts.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., VersionOne, Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience with mobile application development
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +, CISSP, etc.) (Will be required 90 days after hire)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.