About the role:
You are part of a highly dynamic and innovative
development team working on the latest technologies and in the exciting fast-growing property technology
(PropTech) space. As the Manager, Software Engineering
, you will lead 2 to 3 agile
development teams guiding feature development, technical debt remediation, platform development, CI/CD, and support. This role strives to ensure that engineering
activities are conducted to a high standard aligned with the right business
priorities and needs. We value high quality engineers, and you will help ensure that our team members continuously grow individual by setting goals, reviewing progress and ensuring individual growth. This is a hands-on role, perfect for a manager who has experience delivering high-quality software solutions in a highly dynamic development environment. Additionally, someone who enjoys rolling their sleeves up and helping to define technical solutions, solve problems and remove obstacles.
This leader applies communication, problem-solving and best practices to lead team in the design
, development and deployment of mission-critical applications and services. This position will also coordinate and oversee all maintenance and support of existing applications, including managing technical communications with key internal and external stakeholders.
Why you should work here:
- Promotion path is merit based
- The company culture is incredible
- World class engineering organization that’s customer focused, always exploring new and innovative tech to deliver highest possible quality to our end users
- Modern practices and technologies and a culture of continuous improvement
- Our goal as an Engineering organization is to help you hit your internal targets, develop your career and increase your income
What you’ll do here:
- Manage, coach and mentor agile teams of software engineers.
- Work closely with Product Management on product planning.
- Drive technical implementation of software development projects.
- Coordinate development, test and production release of all new features.
- Coordinate maintenance activities required to support existing features.
- Research, recommend and help implement best practices and technology to support new development.
- Conduct performance appraisals and perform salary administration.
- Recruit and hire new staff members.
- Provide regular reporting on projects, resources and state of the department.
- Function as a technical liaison interacting with partner integrations.
- 3+ years as a leader of software engineers, managing departmental processes and interfacing with stakeholders and clients.
- Extensive experience with the Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- 3+ years of hands-on analysis, software design, development and systems management.
- 3+years as technical leader of software/application development team.
- Experience with modern architecture design paradigms like microservices and event-driven architecture.
- Good project management and product lifecycle skills.
- 5+ years of experience with the Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Extremely detail-oriented, creative, dependable and trustworthy, with positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status required.
- Visa Sponsorship not available.