Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
The AWS Cloud Engineer II will help to deploy, manage, fix, and reinvent the tools, services, and components that the network engineers rely on to automate our network and keep it operational. This position will work with internal customers including network engineering colleagues, and through close collaboration, support, and exchange of ideas, share a common goal to serve our customers and grow through learning and innovation. This role exists to identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions.
- This is a Hybrid role working out of San Diego, CA office 3 days in a week and 2 days working from home.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Provides technical support for the AWS platform to improve capabilities and ensures optimal operability of ICW AWS infrastructure.
- Collaborates with the rest of the platform team in the documenting of best practices guiderails and standards for use of the AWS platform.
- Partners with Project/Development teams in the creation, refinement and review of functional and non-functional requirements and specifications.
- Collaborates with DevSecOps to develop deployment scripts and provide detailed documentation for deploying and supporting software (CDK, Cloud Formation).
- Collaborates with IT staff and the business during technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings.
- Works with architecture team to refine and implement AWS native monitoring tools and implement new AWS services to support the growth and expansion of the AWS platform
- Supports platform level network changes, automation, and building AWS infrastructure.
Executes system design to produce a robust solution within time and cost requirements.
- Develops high performing, scalable and innovative end-to-end web services and solutions.
- Facilitates the delivery of artifacts that meet business specifications.
- Reviews application and system integration code, reviews logical and physical data structures, builds reports and supports the application team and/or DevSecOps teams in the development of CKD and Cloud formation scripts.
- Connects with IT staff and reviews documentation to ensure timely delivery and accuracy.
- Identifies and advocates for areas of improvement within the IT organization.
Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to multiple internal customers collaborating on information systems projects.
- Ensures necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Implements continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary.
- Recommends process and architecture improvements.
- Modifies, implements, and maintains existing applications to established standards, specifications, and approved changes.
- Supports application engineers by being a subject matter expert on container management and orchestration.
- Investigates, proves out and incorporates new technologies and capabilities to drive the technology vision for a secure cloud platform.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with AWS in an Engineering, Network, DevOps, or Sysop’s role required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Deep technical background with experience in operating systems, networking, and application performance management.
- Experience with creating designs for AWS/Cloud applications and networks.
- Proficient in at least one programming language including Python, Java, dot Net, C++, or JSON.
- Experience in building large distributed systems.
- Experience in supporting highly available applications.
- Experience with databases (relational and NoSQL).
- Experience with networks (routing, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with AWS Services and understanding of cloud computing concepts such as Lambda, CD/CI, cost estimation, security, etc.
- Understanding of data migration and backup of data in the AWS Cloud.
- Experience with database migration to AWS cloud, Cloud native database design and tools.
- Experience in working with cloud management and monitoring tools.
- Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile development.
- Ability to think critically and create solutions for unique scenarios. Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
The salary range listed for this position is exclusive of fringe benefits and potential bonuses. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire at the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a substantial benefits package outlined below.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans and company match
- Bonus potential for all positions
- Paid Time Off with an accrual rate of 5.23 hours per pay period (equal to 17 days per year)
- 10 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Want to continue learning? We’ll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.