Customer Care Specialist - Customer Service Call Center @ City of Richmond, VA - Richmond, VA
Customer Care Specialist - Customer Service Call Center
Post a job for free in Richmond, VA
The City of Richmond Department of Public Utilities is seeking qualified candidates to fill multiple Customer Care Specialist positions within the Zone 5 Broadband Program. The selected candidates will work closely with the Supervisor and the team members to monitor calls, answer questions on the Assist Line and assist our customers with multiple inquiries (i.e. new service, payment arrangements, billing issues, gas and water emergencies and setting up new service).
- Assisting the Agents on the Help Line and Escalation Line;
- Coaching Agents with customer related concerns;
- Performing administrative duties to include account follow up, account adjustments, and etc.
- Serving as the back-up to the Supervisor in their absence.
This individual may be required to work nights, weekends, holidays or on-call, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated knowledge in call center and customer service practices and requirements; standard office equipment; City's services and who performs them; standard office protocols and procedures; and related City databases. Demonstrated skill in computer proficiency and data entry; telephone etiquette; oral communication and interpersonal communication skills; basic mathematics and writing skills; and skills in conducting research. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively; to be patient, listen attentively and manage high call volumes; handle fast paced and stressful situations; to diffuse inflamed situations and to show empathy and compassion.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Some college courses in a related field or applicable training courses are preferred;
- One year of experience in a call center or customer service environment;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- None required
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of experience in a Call Center;
- At least one (1) year of experience in the DPU Customer Service Department;
- Previous supervisory or team lead experience is a plus.
With over 4,000 employees, the City of Richmond is an "Employer of Choice" among cities throughout the nation. The City strives to hire and retain employees who bring dedication and talent to the workforce. Offering a competitive, cost effective, and quality benefits package is one element of an "Employer of Choice".
The City offers a full range of benefit programs from initial hire through retirement. Please visit our Web site for details.