Job Requisition ID: 10190
The Manager, UI Development is a technical manager responsible for design, development and deployment of technical solutions with a focus on front-end technologies and will use methods and models to translate business requirements to determine appropriate solutions.
The Manager, UI Development will work within a high technically focused team to provide technical expertise in the design and planning of solutions from a front-end development perspective. The Manager, UI Development will assess the impact analysis on Infrastructure, applications and platforms based on project requirements and will advise on implementation strategy, performance, tools, operations, release, and deployment.
1. Subject Matter Expert (SME) on UI development knowledge in the latest front-end technologies to solution for innovative User experiences in digital channels by being able to design and build UI technology solutions, solve complex design problems through the deployment of front-end technologies.
2. Demonstrate hands-on abilities at modern front-end technologies by being able to visualize and build complex User Experiences.
3. Manage and mentor a team of UI developers in terms of knowledge and skills, guiding solutions, career opportunity and grown and provide education on UI technology.
4. Collaborate with UX and Visual designers to understand designed experiences, offer front-end technology solutions for user needs and inform of experience design solutions made possible by modern and future front-end technologies.
5. Assess the impact, validity and benefits of current and future-state front-end technologies and their application to the IEHP digital landscape.
6. Architect and design innovative solutions using the latest front-end technologies as to augment and align with user needs and the designed experience.
7. Work with the digital and engineering teams to assess, select and advocate front-end technologies and solution for the designed user experiences.
8. Be the “go-to” front-end technology person to solve complex UX and UI problems.
9. Will remain informed of modern front-end technologies, have awareness of nascent and forward-looking UI technologies and be able to proactively prepare the organization, engineering teams and UI development teams for the future.
10. Hire, train, and manage support staff, while monitoring and evaluating outcomes and conduct performance reviews of each Team Member within IEHP guidelines.
Six (6) or more years of experience developing front-end for software applications (web, desktop or mobile). Three (3) or more years of leadership experience required. Hands on experience working with CSS Preprocessors: LESS, SASS. Experience in building UI for AEM. Experience with design patterns is a must.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
In lieu of the required degree, a minimum of eight (8) years of additional relevant work experience is required for this position. This experience is in addition to the minimum years listed in the Experience Requirements above.
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization.
Position is eligible for Hybrid work location upon completing the necessary steps and receiving HR approval. All IEHP positions approved for telecommute or hybrid work locations may periodically be required to report to IEHP’s main campus for mandatory in-person meetings or for other business needs as determined by IEHP leadership.
A reasonable salary expectation is between $134,804.80 and $171,870.40, based upon experience and internal equity.
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region, designated as “Great Place to Work.” With a provider network of more than 5,000 and a team of more than 3,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.5 million members. And our Mission, Vision, and Values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award-winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and make a difference with us! IEHP offers a competitive salary and stellar benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and state pension plan.