Senior Quality Engineer - @ UnitedHealth Group - Raleigh, NC
Post a job for free in Raleigh, NC
Candidates for the Senior Quality Engineer role work in conjunction with the engineering team to develop quality test case scenarios for web-based software applications. The expectation is that this person will be capable of testing both front-end and back-end processes to capture defects as early on in the software development lifecycle as possible. The candidate will play a vital role in ensuring the team delivers high quality business critical projects within the expected delivery window.
- Serve as a primary IT resource for medium-size projects to large-size projects
- Expertise developing automated test scripts using Selenium, Cucumber, with integration to Jenkins and Sauce labs
- Proven experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using Selenium WebDriver using Java
- Experience testing GUI applications, web services and/or web applications (Backend and frontend)
- Experience testing REST services
- Experience in Automation ATDD framework implementation
- Ensure that development standards and procedures are adhered to
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in Agile development environments
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications :
- 5+ years of automated testing experience in Java
- 3+ years of experience working with cross-browser testing
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working with RESTful services
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Working experience with one or more of the following Maven, Openshift, Github and mySQL
- Knowledge of testing AngularJS or Angular applications
- Extensive experience in complex projects with division or company-wide scope
- Development background
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.Job Keywords: Raleigh, NC, North Carolina