We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our IT and research team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our researchers and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and our security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player. You will work with different IT professionals and teams to ensure our cloud computing systems meet the needs of our organization.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks.
· Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based systems
· Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
· Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
· Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
· Implement security design based on industry best practices and institute security policies
· Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements
· Interact with researchers, provide cloud support, and make recommendations based on projectneeds
· Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the institute.
· Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate and excel
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $55.00 - $66.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person