Records Clerk II (Critical Position) @ City of Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
Records Clerk II (Critical Position)
Post a job for free in Phoenix, AZ
THIS IS A CRITICAL POSITION. During the current health crisis, any job interviews will be held by video or audio conference.
Please be aware that you may be required to undergo screening for symptoms of COVID-19 which may include answering questions regarding symptoms or having your body temperature read as part of this job. You may also be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position performs clerical functions, which may vary based on assignment. Duties include reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy; retrieving a large volume of material; researching electronic, microfilmed and paper documents; classifying, correcting, indexing, filing, storing, and scanning documents into a document / records management system. Other duties include customer service contact over the telephone, internet / e-mail, and in-person; operating computers to perform query and data entry functions; responding to information requests, processing registration forms, and accepting legal claims against the City.
Currently, vacancies exist in Aviation, Security Badging Office and the City Clerk Department.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
- The ability to answer a large volume of calls and perform cash handling duties.
- Strong computer skills related to database entry, reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Ability to multi task.
$15.31 (minimum) - $21.23 (maximum) hourly / $31,845 - $44,158 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit:
Unit 3 Benefits
- Three years of clerical recordkeeping experience, including at least one year of experience working with a large central records system.
- The ability to move light objects weighing less than 20 pounds such as mail, supplies and files.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- The following list is not all inclusive but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
- Positions in the Police Department must meet the polygraph and background standards that are appropriate to non-sworn positions. The general factors for disqualification are listed at https://www.phoenix.gov/policesite/Documents/disqualifierscivilian.pdf
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Experience providing busy front counter customer service, follow through and resolution to internal and external customer requests.
- Experience scanning and retrieving electronic documents.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Recruitment closes August 17, 2020. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Records Clerk II, JC: 01120, ID# 36758, 8/2/2020, 6 mos., SA, Benefits: 003
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.