Emergency Preparedness Planner @ Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Philadelphia, PA
Post a job for free in Philadelphia, PA
Location: LOC_BUERGER-Buerger Center Ambulatory Care
Req ID: 83253
Employment Status: Regular - Full Time
In partnership with the Manager for Emergency Preparedness (EP) and working collaboratively with other organizational stakeholders, support the enterprise in emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery efforts for events that impact enterprise operations or patient care. This includes proactively identifying risks and accordingly support the design and maintenance of EP programs, deliver education, and facilitate exercises to ensure ongoing readiness.
- Working with the EP team, ensures operational readiness by supporting emergency preparedness planning activities to include emergency preparedness portfolio
- Assists in the development and facilitation of emergency drills and exercises
- Serves as the emergency preparedness Subject Matter Expert on select CHOP committees and initiatives to maintain a culture of emergency preparedness
- Provides support and facilitation expertise in all phases of emergencies (planning, mitigation, response and recovery)
- Ensures emergency preparedness associated technologies are fully operationalized as needed
- Serves as the 24/7 Emergency Preparedness On-Call staff member on a rotating basis and be available to report to the hospital within 60 minutes.
- Assists in supporting the overall emergency preparedness portfolio and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
FEMA Certifications : IS-100.HCb, IS-200.HCa, IS-700.a, IS-800.b, IS-120.a,
Certified Healthcare Emergency Provider (CHEP) - 1 year
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Requires a minimum of 1-2 years experience in an emergency management role conducting emergency operations and developing emergency plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of ICS, HICS, NDMS, NIMS, and HSEEP;
- Demonstrated analytic ability and strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Understanding and commitment to cultural competency and diversity in the workplace and in the practice of health care.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint applications
- Knowledge of emergency management procedures and practices.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve creatively and complete projects on schedule
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a high pressure work environment
- Ability to build effective work relationships and develop partnerships
- Ability to organize and structure processes
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146