Non-emergency Medical Dispatcher/Router @ Call the Car - Pasadena, CA
Post a job for free in Pasadena, CA
Dispatcher – Pasadena, CA
Founded by a Doctor and a First Responder, Call the Car, is currently seeking a Dispatcher I to join our team of exceptionally skilled and committed non-medical emergency transportation specialists. Since 2010, Call the Car has been dedicated to improving access to healthcare.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Operations Supervisor, the Dispatcher I provides phone coverage and provides backup support to the Dispatch II role. This role primarily handles scheduling based on parameters set by Dispatch II. This role’s success is based on quality and quantity of calls as well as quality of dispatch responsibilities.
- Creates and updates transportation reservations by phone.
- Verifies member appointment date and time.
- Communicates driver estimated time of arrival to callers.
- Activates will call pickups.
- Processes cancellations and cancellation notifications to vendor.
- Provides phone support to the Customer Service Representatives.
- Provides support scheduling future trips for vehicles and vendors based on trip comments provided by Dispatch II.
- When the Schedule Monitoring Specialist role is unavailable, this role acts as a backup and is responsible for all aspects of that role on a temporary basis.
- Schedules trips for VIP members to meet any special requirements noted in the member’s account.
- Coordinates the scheduling of will call activations.
- Communicates with drivers regarding schedule changes.
- Coordinates and applies driver/vehicle schedules to the system for future dates.
- Ensures all will call trips are assigned from previous dates.
- Ensure mileage for all trips is audited to avoid excessive or zero mileage trips.
- Makes daily attempts to contact the member to verify continued hospital admission based on hospital sheet.
- Distributes driver/vendor schedules/manifests when requested.
- Completes system export/import process to transfer trips between systems at the time designated by leadership.
- Reviews trip rejections and reschedules them with new vehicles/vendors.
- Documents “No Show/Cancellation” log each day for each trip.
- When the Dispatch II role is unavailable, this role acts as a backup and is responsible for all aspects of the role on a temporary basis.
- Maintains clear communication between Members, Providers, Drivers, Appointment Facilities, Dialysis Centers, Dispatchers, and CTC Management.
- Maintains 100% accuracy with all aspects of the position.
- Notifies leadership immediately of all injuries, accidents, perceived/actual HIPAA breaches, and/or unusual incidents.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Screening and Drug Screen.
- Must pass government exclusion list at time of hire and monthly thereafter.
- Experience using PC software programs including but not limited to Mediroutes, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Drive, and TomTom WebFleet. C.C.E.R.R.T.S
- Experience with the transportation industry.
- Experience with customer service, taking inbound and making outbound calls in a high-volume call center.
- Able to type at least 45 wpm.
- Take high volume of inbound calls.
- Make high volume of outbound calls.
- Availability to work hours ranging from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Weekdays, Weekends & Holidays.
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Work Location: Pasadena, California
Call the Car offers you the opportunity to join an innovative, well respected Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Company. We provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- dispatching: 1 year (Required)
- Pasadena, CA 91107 (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Do you have routing experience?
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Temporarily due to COVID-19