Senior Software Engineer - Product @ Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. - Ottawa, ON
Post a job for free in Ottawa, ON
Our engineering culture embraces…
Collaboration: Our team environment is founded on open communication & ego-free engineering
Continuous Learning (CL): We love CI/CD but CL is just as important - Dev Days, Hackathons, sponsored certifications, and more will keep you growing in your career
Productivity: It’ll take you a month to be able to commit code at some companies, but we have goals for you to commit in just 1 week
Flexibility: Everyone is productive in their own way, and our teams have flexible schedules and/or work-from-home policies to make that happen
Meritocracy & Recognition: Day-to-day accomplishments are rewarded with opportunity, but we also take time during our all-hands meetings to celebrate the personal side of our employees’ lives
In this role you will…
- Work within an Agile engineering team to develop robust and reliable software solutions
- Redesign existing systems and build new scalable features with Java and Angular
- Collaborate closely with product management, customer support, UI/UX, and central engineering teams to build elegant and scalable web applications
- Work with SaaS and QA to help automate manual processes and inefficiencies
- Work with less experienced engineers to help them achieve their career goals
- Be curious, collaborate, and grow your career
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- BS/MS in Computer science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in full stack development of external-facing web applications
- Experience developing services using modern API standards such as REST or GraphQL and Java 8
- Familiarity with Single Page Application (SPA) frameworks such as React.js, Vue.js or Angular
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Spring Framework and JPA/Hibernate
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills to help solve complex problems in an enterprise environment
- Comfort with working collaboratively and being a great teammate
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- Experience with Java 8 (but we interview language agnostically)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
What We Do:
Cornerstone is a premier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything when they have the right development and growth opportunities. We offer organizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to help them realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performance management and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’s people development solutions are successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.
Check us out on Linkedin, Comparably, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]csod.com.