Energy Project Manager @ WSP - Orange, CA
2 months ago
Energy Project Manager
WSP - Orange, CA
Energy Project Manager
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Manager for our Orange, CA office. The following locations will also be considered: Boulder, CO; and Salt Lake City, UT. Be involved in projects with our Energy Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Assist in responding to Client Request for Proposals on wind, solar, energy storage and other clean energy projects;
- Manage and Coordinate projects with clients and other disciplines;
- Plan, execute and control the project through all phases of “Issued for Construction” design, Owner’s Engineer due diligence, Independent Engineer analysis and other assignments;
- Successfully manage project performance (technical performance and/or production organization, on internal or external projects) with direct responsibility for service delivery and/or technical quality to the client;
- Knowledge of related disciplines/fields of engineering is required;
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing and regular basis to maintain communication over the phone and in-person;
- Coach, mentor, influence, motivate and supervise project team members and contractor to act and to be accountable for assigned work;
- Use initiative and judgment to resolve problems, interpret engineering specifications, investigate design and field engineering difficulties and coordinate work schedules;
- Recommend change in plans, estimate costs and recommend payment for completed work;
- Contact associates in other departments to discuss and advise on requirements;
- Consult with suppliers or contractors to interpret specifications or other contract criteria;
- Develop and maintain client relationships effectively;
- Responsible for positive project budget performance;
- Develop and deliver progress reports and presentations;
- Write Technical Reports and other duties as assigned; and
- Occasional travel within North America for Client Meetings, Site Assessments and Site Support.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 5+ years professional engineering, construction management or field engineering;
- Bachelors of science degree in electrical, civil, mechanical engineering or closely related field;
- Knowledge of project planning, procurement and construction phases;
- Suitable experience in the design or construction of renewable energy or other similar energy projects;
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- EIT or PE license
- Experience with wind, solar and battery storage projects
- Project management experience, CAPM or PMP certification
- Masters degree in engineering or construction management
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $82,500 - $157,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ORANGE - TOWN AND COUNTRY RD
- All locations: US-CA-Orange, US-CO-Boulder, US-UT-Salt Lake City
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Global Leadership Development Program Associate – Supply Chain Track
Advanced Sterilization Products
GLDP candidates will lead an intensive project during each rotation to make an immediate, long-lasting impact on the business.
Clear Channel Outdoor
Determines project pricing based on guidelines from management. Oversees project from start to finish and ensure client satisfaction.
Retail Beauty Services Manager
You will drive your business through a focus on performance (services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance, pro hair and PCA merchandise sales and in-store…
American Solar Advantage
1-2 years direct solar project coordinator experience and 1 year project management experience. This individual will be responsible for coordinating the day-to…
FROSCH - VIP After-Hours Travel Advisor
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Apple Valley, CA
Participate in operational projects, training and functions as appointed by a manager or team lead. Managing clients' travel reservations from initial request…
Professional Engineer (Civil/Structural) - Fontana, CA
Work on various engineering projects in support of sales as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing, process, shipping, handling, and installation.
Senior Electrical Engineer - Healthcare Projects
Long Beach, CA
Able to lead electrical design projects and a team of design engineers. Demonstrate ability to manage multiple large-size projects involving other senior…
Technician II ($27.00 - $31.00 Hourly)
Long Beach, CA
Develop an understanding on which equipment to use on a particular project and why that is the best equipment for the project.
Maintenance Mechanic III-Boiler
The duties are performed utilizing experience in at least two skilled trades including but not limited to, production and facility machinery and equipment,…
Los Angeles, CA
To be prompt and accurate in completion of assigned projects. Promote energy conservation and aggressive hospitality programs along with achieving accident…
Human Resource Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA
Leads the HR function for a district, provides functional HR expertise and plans and executes key projects. Opening in San Fernando Valley (not remote/hybrid)…
Develop scope and charter definitions for projects. Ability to work well within project teams. Broad background in industrial engineering technology,…
Santa Ana, CA
Three or more years of experience tracking the progress of projects, tasks, or assignments using a system such as Microsoft Excel.
Construction Materials Testing Technician / Driver
From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market…
Working knowledge of energy efficiency measure packages. Providing relevant project data for completion of KPIs reports.
The candidate will be expected to follow written technical procedures and document field activities commensurate with individual project expectations.
Work Management Advisor [REMOTE]
Lead multiple medium to high impact projects with complex requirements that achieve RSO work management objectives including business impact analysis, cost…
Accountable to establish quality measures for Engineering Services and participates as a key role in the Planning & Scheduling governance function to ensure…
Costa Mesa, CA
Flexible, high energy, self-starter with an emphasis on action rather than analysis. Able to work in a fast-paced, complex, environment and manage multiple…
Five or more years of project management experience leading medium to large scale full-cycle projects. Providing hands-on special project support for AES…
Experience with energy efficiency programs or working in the utility industry. Become a Quality & Compliance Senior Advisor at Southern California and build a…
Air Quality Lead
Los Angeles, CA
Management of compliance projects from initial client engagement and proposing to execution of projects. Experience in providing leadership to diverse project…
Provide recommendations and documentation when working on projects with NERC CIP and vulnerability management impact. Position will require up to 10% traveling.
San Diego, CA
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an…