PCC Avibank seeking Quality Engineer II at North Hollywood location.
Required Skills and Education
1. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university; in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline.
2. Min. 4 years experience as Quality Engineer duty after college
3. Experience with customer complaints communication /quality issues and manage weekly meetings with customers.
4. Implementing root cause investigation, containment, and corrective actions in production floor, training inspectors, techs
5. Manage non-conforming parts by reviewing NCR’s.
6. Experience lead or host AS9100/FAA auditing (annual/ regulartly )
7. Strong knowledge and experience with problem solving tools (such six sigma metrology, 5 whys, fishbone diagram, 8D)
8. Experience with reviewing customer PO’s and drawing (CAD) specifications.
9. Can perform and review First Article Inspection per AS9102 guidelines
10. NADCAP experience (mostly NDT).
11. Handle customer audits and work on their findings.
12. PPAP and FMEA experience.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of our operational processes and outputs. The Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include designing quality standards, developing quality control systems, determining corrective actions, planning, and conducting activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products. This position is a key liaison with internal staff, suppliers, and customers on Quality related matters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is $78800 to $118200 US Dollar (USD) Salaried based on a variety of factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to participate in the Company’s Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at the quarterly bonus factor of 1.25X the Company’s bonus multiple, based on the Company’s performance in the applicable quarter. Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $118,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Santa Ana, CA
Culver City, CA
Lake Forest, CA
Santa Ana, CA
San Jacinto, CA