Salary Range: $43.6700 - $67.1600 /hour
The Applications Analyst II is responsible for configuring, testing, implementing, and supporting the clinical, financial, administrative, or other information systems
used to support the organization. Oversees practices and processes to ensure integrity, safety and availability of all data and applications as part of the organization’s systems. Key functions include:
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, end users and other members of the business
teams to optimize system configuration, function and access.
- Evaluates problem tickets and service requests, customer requests for system changes, data retrieval requests, system performance problems and optimization opportunities, and participate in the timely resolution of these activities.
- Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex application errors and other system issues
- Actively leads and takes ownership for the build and maintenance of various system dictionaries, profiles, tables and other configuration points.
- Identifies system enhancement requests and works with the team to communicate them to the vendor as applicable
- Tests the system, including any configurations, customizations and new releases, prior to production implementation. Works with end-users to assist with the design and testing of system reports and communicate changes to end users and other staff as applicable
- Participates as a team member in various projects
- Prepares for and participates in system design, validation and/or remediation sessions
- Understands data flow and supports/develops interface files
- Leads small to medium-sized projects
- Knowledge of Epic is preferred (pertaining to 3rd party application)
- Understanding of 3rd Party Applications and workflow process into Epic
- Experience working with hospital 3rd Party Applications i.e. 3M\360, OnBase, ProVation, SMART, Dragon,
The Application Analyst is additionally the primary support contact for each Epic application. The Applications Analyst is responsible for coordinating all issues that arise during the project for their application areas and must be very knowledgeable about the organization's policies, procedures, and business operations
Education and Experience
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with the application, module or equivalent system of assigned functional area. Ability to assist junior staff with completion of assigned tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
, Information Systems
or equivalent experience in a related field. Two (2) or more years’ experience working in a health care environment department, preferably within an acute care environment.
Proficient with Microsoft office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
Current CA driver’s license for local travel
IT Department EPIC
Other certification with the application(s) within their area of responsibility and support