Software Engineer @ Caper - New York, NY
Post a job for free in New York, NY
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Software development experience in Java and/or another general purpose programming language
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix / Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software developement
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Developed, supported and maintained Android applications in Java or Kotlin, either professionally or for a personal project
- Ability to write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM, MVP, etc
- Knowledge with writing SDKs / APIs wtih Java and Ruby
- Experience iwth large data projects involving data modeling, data aggregation and data validation
- Worked with IoT devices or other hardware
- Used Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Integrate with clients' IT system to make sure launching is smooth
- Build enterprise facing solutions for partners
- Build internal SDKs / APIs during integration
- Talk and listen to clients and partners to undertand requirements and needs
- Conquer the World!
- Competitive salary with equity
- Excellent medical insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
Come join our team if...
You MUST have:
You may have:
You are ready to: