FEMA PA-TAC Specialist / Public Assistance Specialist @ BJMC Global - New York, NY
Post a job for free in New York, NY
BJMC Global is a veteran-owned construction and project management company focused on disaster recovery operations. Over the past 2 decades, we’ve designed, built, and delivered complex, challenging projects throughout the world, including in post-disaster environments, in active war zones, and in some of the world’s most remote and austere locations.
BJMC Global is currently seeking FEMA Public Assistance (PA) Specialists to support our disaster recovery team in New Jersey and New York. We’re looking for experienced and qualified personnel for the following positions:
- Civil, Electrical, Structural, and Mechanical Engineers
- Construction Managers
- Program Delivery Managers (PDMGs)
- Environmental & Historic Preservation Specialists (EHPs)
We're looking for PA Specialists who can overcome challenges and complete projects in any environment. If you're someone who can take direction, but doesn’t always need to be told what to do, then we want to hear from you.
PA Specialists will work closely with FEMA and local government officials to provide supplemental disaster grant assistance for the repair, replacement, and restoration of disaster-damaged, public owned facilities. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to: site damage inspections, cost estimate and scope of work development, exploratory calls and recovery scoping meetings, project reviews and validation, review and determination of hazard mitigation requirements, and environmental & historic preservation reviews and guidance.
- Previous FEMA Public Assistance (PA) experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in your field or 15 years of relevant experience in your field.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Grants Manager, and general internet/email.
- Experience working on commercial and publicly-owned facilities, including not but limited to Roads and Bridges, Water and Waste Treatment Facilities, Buildings, Schools, Utilities, Parks, Beaches.
- Must be willing to complete an extensive federal background investigation and obtain required security clearance.
- Must be willing to work on short-term assignments (6 months to 1 year) in any location in the United States.
- Must be able to withstand the physical requirements of the position, including site visits in austere locations/rugged terrain, extended periods of sun/heat exposure, and any other physical demands of the position.
- Must be good team players and able to work well with others in pursuit of accomplishing program objectives.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional licenses and certifications are a plus (such as Professional Engineer license).
- If required to report to an office, candidates must comply with all Coronavirus safety protocols established by FEMA and the local government, including but not limited to wearing masks and regularly sanitizing hands and/or work station.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply and provide a current resume clearly describing past FEMA Public Assistance (PA) experience. Our onboarding team will review your resume and if you meet the qualifications and requirements of the position, we’ll contact you to discuss next steps.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55.00 - $85.00 per hour