Environmental, Health & Safety Technician - 2nd Shift @ Wabash National Corporation - Moreno Valley, CA
Post a job for free in Moreno Valley, CA
- Assist with maintaining and implementing cost-effective EHS programs that ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and Wabash National policies relating to safety and the environment.
- Assist with and maintain all required Environmental permits for the process, equipment or discharges generated at the facility.
- Provide guidance and support to management on EHS issues. Work closely with all levels of employees to establish, maintain, and improve EHS programs.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of equipment and materials used in the facility, including pollution control devices.
- Promptly notify EHS Manager and appropriate operations Supervisor of potential enforcement issues, accidents, or control device malfunctions.
- Aid in the timely preparation of required reports to regulatory agencies as requested.
- Develop and implement procedures/SOPs to reduce safety/ environmental risks and to address emergency situations.
- Review materials used by manufacturing operations and maintains MSDS database.
- Maintain a comprehensive and organized recordkeeping system so that the facility is capable of verifying compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure responsible parties are immediately notified of EHS concerns and action is immediately taken.
- As appropriate, assigned, retain and oversee vendors, contractors dealing with EHS issues
- Attend training sessions, meetings, and seminars to maintain proficiency in EHS areas.
- Develop and provide EHS related training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations and requirements.
- Performing employee training as designated. Assist with safety PPE selection and EHS/Medical related routine supplies
- Fire Protection Systems operation, testing and record keeping. Implement elements of the WNC Fire Prevention Plan.
- Assis with annual property inspection sand record keeping
- Maintain fall protection equipment inventory. Spill response and containment as needed
- Assist with development and review of Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessment procedures
- Required to maintain First Aid/CPR certification as act as a first responder at the site
- Drivers accompanies employees to local clinics as needed for medical/ safety related appointments
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Manager
- Manage, deliver, and maintain operations involving paint inventories and associated actives
- Must have both written and verbal communication skills.
- High school degree or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred for this position
- Should have some type of experience in Safety, Training and/or health.
- Basic understand of EPA and OSHA regulatory agencies
- Strong knowledge of industrial sites, computer skills, MS office required
- Knowledge of environmental regulations applicable to air, water, and waste sources