Receptionist - IDEA Palmview (Immediate Opening) @ IDEA Public Schools - Mission, TX
Post a job for free in Mission, TX
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
Role Mission: The mission for the receptionist is to support students, families and team members by providing excellent customer service and serving as the first point-of-contact for students, parents, visitors and phone inquiries. The receptionist will focus primarily on ensuring parent satisfaction and ensuring families’ needs are met by sharing information, coordinating with other team members, and greeting all visitors.
- Manages all front office traffic including late students, parents, and visitors. In this capacity the receptionist will:
- Ensuring each visitor has the appropriate credentials to enter campus site and to pick up students
- Utilizing PowerSchool to locate student schedule for parent pick-ups
- Communicating with teachers on student pick-ups
- Direct visitors to appropriate team member
- Direct late students to SIS Coordinator
- Maintains copies of forms, events, and related information for the campus site and IDEA Public Schools. This includes:
- Organizing essential forms and documents for families including FARM applications, uniform guide, applications, etc. in a binder, portfolio, etc.
- Copying materials to ensure there is always a supply of all documents at hand
- Communicating effectively with Campus Lead Team and Campus Ops team to ensure all documents for activities, events, etc. are current
- Coordinates and transfers student records to appropriate team member. This includes:
- Maintaining confidentiality of records as appropriate
- Collaborating with appropriate team members to establish system of transferring student records, ie. Dropping off records in a sealed folder in SIS office, Health Services Coordinators office, etc.
- Answers phone calls by providing general information and/or connecting call to appropriate team member. This includes:
- Familiarizing with various roles and duties of team members ie. SIS manages all schedule changes, APO manages all student absences inquiries, etc.
- Managing a list of extensions and ensuring list remains updated throughout the year
- Serves as a liaison between parents, students and team members. This includes:
- Communicating morning announcements to students and team members
- Exemplifying IDEA core values and exemplar customer service skills
- Provides lead team support as needed. This includes:
- Recruiting students for the following school year if needed
- Exercise good judgment and excellent customer service
- Answering all phone calls
- Greeting parents, students, visitors
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of clerical experience in office setting
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow written instructions and operate multi-line phone system
Salaries for this role typically fall between $13.20 and $15.00, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.