Bartender - Full Time @ The Kessler Collection - Minneapolis, MN
Post a job for free in Minneapolis, MN
The Bartender is responsible for providing guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient and graceful service that meets or exceeds guest expectations as well as the AAA Four Diamond standards. This position is primarily responsible for the preparation and service of alcoholic beverages for the restaurant and lounge patrons.
- No Direct Reports
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Guest Service – 80%
- Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Set up bar in a thorough and swift manner.
- Promptly and warmly greeting guests upon arrival.
- Provide guests with courteous, friendly and efficient table service.
- Answer phones using appropriate verbiage.
- Possess an excellent ability to explain and sell all menu items.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Explain, pair and recommend all Wine list selections
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Prepare and serve cocktail orders from bar and service bar in a timely manner.
- Relays order to kitchen through POS and helps serve courses from kitchen.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
- Sidework – 20%
- Clears and resets tables at the completion of dining.
- Maintain the daily operations of the lounge through the execution of daily sidework.
- Keeps bar area clean and organized at all times.
- Attend all required trainings and department meetings
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tasks at a time.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Good time management skills.
- Display knowledge of basic drink service and bar terminology.
- Display knowledge of drink recipes, drink and wine specials, merchandising.
- Display knowledge of liquor laws.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
Kessler Grant Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- High School diploma – required
- Previous Bartending experience in upscale environment - required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking during majority of shift
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
- Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds
- Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.