Senior QA Engineer @ The Bouqs Company - Marina del Rey, CA
Senior QA Engineer
The Bouqs Company
Marina del Rey, CA
16 days ago
Post a job for free in Marina del Rey, CA
The Senior QA Engineer contributes to The Bouq’s mission of creating a world‑class sustainable brand disrupting the global $50B floral industry by creating and maintaining a strong and impactful test plan that can be leveraged across multiple teams. You will work closely with the developers, development operations, tech product, and other QA engineers to solidify business requirements and develop manual and automation test cases. As an integral part of the QA and tech team, you will deliver accurate information to QA Manager and also communicate across different teams.
- Develop customized testing strategies that maximize test coverage while minimizing execution effort.
- Prepare Test Plan and perform manual frontend/backend testing across several web and mobile apps
- Execute Functional, Non-Functional, Integration, API, System, Regression, End-to-End and Exploratory testing
- Identify risks and proactively mitigate and communicate them across multiple teams.
- Provide testing leadership and guidance to the team by developing testing solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying testing standards.
- Find, report and troubleshoot any software bugs
- Check logs, run jobs, database queries for testing and debugging purpose
- Be available and flexible to perform Automation testing. Contributing to the automation scripting would be a huge plus
- Perform functional and automation test on REST API services
- Show strong handle on database related testing and activities
- Work closely with the Agile Team to develop comprehensive functional test plan and provide maximum test coverage in the most efficient manner
- Lead/mentor other QA engineers in the team. Help in On Boarding and training process
- Be able to quickly learn complex, highly configurable application software by yourself
- Work closely with your QA Manager and provide status and feedback of your assignments on a regular basis
- Minimum 6 years of experience in overall Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Working knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with RESTFUL API Testing using Postman, Jmeter or similar tools
- Experience with SQL/non-SQL Database
- Experience with Cross browser/Cross device testing using real and virtual devices
- Strong Issue finding, reporting and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Automation framework, different components and tools such as selenium webdriver
- Highly motivated tech geek who is a self/quick learner
- Casual yet professional attitude towards each individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication and explanation skill
- Technical, thorough and detailed oriented
- Hands on experience on QA Automation
- AWS or other Cloud Computing/Micro services
- Experience with Log/Error monitoring tools
- Cross Browser testing tools: Browserstack, Saucelabs
- Release Management and Project Management experience is plus !
- e-Commerce platform
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package
- Health, Dental & Vision with 100% employee coverage
- Three Weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounts on The World’s Best Flowers (obviously!)
- Work on cutting edge new technologies
- Cold brew coffee, beer on tap, and fully stocked state of the art kitchen with a fabulous indoor / outdoor lunch area.
About The Bouqs:
Our mission here at The Bouqs is to revolutionize the way we commemorate life’s moments by connecting people to beautifully designed flowers and the responsible partners who create them. Grounded in transparency, responsibility, and simplicity, we create genuine moments of emotional connection for our customers, build meaningful relationships with like-minded farmers and florists while empowering them to thrive, and eliminate unnecessary waste along the way.
Founded in 2012, The Bouqs is a venture-backed online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. Headquartered in Marina Del Rey, CA, The Bouqs connects farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupts the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.
For more information, visit www.bouqs.com and follow the #BouqLove on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Bouqs is an Equal Opportunity Employer!