Director, Shopper Marketing @ SmartyPants Vitamins - Marina del Rey, CA
Director, Shopper Marketing
Post a job for free in Marina del Rey, CA
SmartyPants is looking for a motivated, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for the position at a leading CPG start-up brand in preventative health. This position is responsible for leading the development of shopper marketing strategies and execution of programs that drive purchases and build brand awareness while complementing retailer partner goals. This role is responsible for program budget and tactics, post-program analysis as well as identifying competitive in-market programs and trends. Given the significant and likely permanent and growing switch in consumer behavior to shopping online for either delivery or curbside, as well as the increasing importance of digital for product discovery, SEO, and driving repeat purchases, significant digital media / SEO and related areas experience is a must. This individual will work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and finance to execute against and achieve company KPIs and must have a proven ability to work with and analyze data using tools like tableau or similar analytics/BI tools.
What You’ll Do:
- Help build and enhance customer/brand Shopper Segmentation to identify “best” fit for Shopper Marketing investment by brand, including utilizing both qualitative and quantitative inputs. Not limited to anecdotal insights (i.e. reviews, etc.) as well as looking for trends in the data
- Partner with Sales Strategy and Brand Marketing to identify relevant Shopper Insights as platforms for customer executions.
- Develop, sell-in and implement insight-driven measurable shopper marketing strategies and platforms that drive volume and profit and a point of difference for SmartyPants and its customers
- Manage partners and their scope of work to ensure successful execution of Shopper Marketing programs achieving forecasted objectives in alignment with the budget
- Collaborates across teams to shopper marketing programs are aligned with a business plan and drive visibility both in-store and online across all major retailers as well as in relevant channels like google shopping and Instacart.
- Works closely with Marketing team to coordinate national and customer specific activity minimizing duplication of spend and maximizing efficiency
- Develop and drive creation of key multi-branded shopper marketing activations for use nationally as sales drive periods and customize for key customer integration
- Deliver program financial KPIs and managing brand specific shopper marketing budgets
- Identify, develop and share best practices for shopper marketing across brands and customer teams including digital insights around top performing terms/placements/subscription sources/etc.
- Review and approve executional elements (artwork, etc.) for shopper marketing programs including understanding of digital keyword, display, social, and related channels/platforms
- Identify and execute appropriate test & learn opportunities for the organization as we work to develop forward thinking strategies and tactics as well as provide insights and tactic evaluation to expand into new channels
What You Have:
5-10 years’ related experience working for CPG company
- Previous experience working across Digital Media and eCommerce is a must with heavy preference given to prior analytics experience and/or metrics-driven media buying at scale
- 2-5 years of customer management and/or field sales position required
- Minimum 2 years of Brand, Integrated Marketing, Shopper Marketing and/or experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or similar discipline; MBA degree a strong plus
- Proven success in leading teams and developing talent
- Strong analytical, written and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong leadership and collaboration with cross-functional teams is critical for alignment to strategies and executions
- Demonstrate marketing expertise in creating big ideas that deliver on target insights, benefit and brand equity
- Stay focused on key priorities and bring solutions to drive distribution and grow consumption
- Commitment to results; ability to incorporate new learning into existing plans and act decisively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Mac OS, Keynote, Tableau or other BI tools
- Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors; flexibility
- Ability to work effectively in and adapt to a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Must be interested in learning and adapting to a rapidly shifting landscape
What you’ll get:
- Robust benefits package with employer contribution
- Monthly wellness perks
- Flexible work hours
- FREE SmartyPants Vitamins plus a friends & family discount
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- Volunteer opportunities
- A rewarding career at a company with a strong mission, great culture, and super fun, passionate people
Fast-paced, open environment where there is a lot of ad-hoc collaboration. Our office is based in Marina del Rey in a former architect's office with a communal garden in front. We are in a two-story office space with no elevator access to our 2nd floor offices. We are dog-friendly and often have several pups in the office at any given time. All dogs who come into the office must meet SmartyPants Dog Policy requirements, pass a behavioral evaluation, and abide by a set schedule of days in the office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SmartyPants Vitamins is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SmartyPants is a very dynamic and fast-growing LA (Marina del Rey) based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for the entire family. SmartyPants was ranked on the Inc. 5000 list in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 and also cited as the 25th fastest growing company in Los Angeles by the LABJ. Run by experienced entrepreneurs, SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great. Our products are category leaders and we are a fast-growing, highly dynamic company that strives to constantly improve all aspects of our products, company, and team. We also believe in giving back by making a matching nutrient grant donation to a child in need for every bottle we sell. We are an open, fast-moving, and mission-driven company that values transparency, excellence, integrity, and an appreciation for the comedy and intensity that comes from working in a company with explosive growth and a strong sense of social responsibility. Designed and made in California.