Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
Skechers IT division is transforming our engineering practice by embracing high-performing, cloud native APIs and applications using a modern technology stack that includes serverless, microservices, containers, integrations with Oracle Xstore, Boomi platform, QA, and zero-touch delivery pipelines. The Integration Engineer is a key role within the Software Engineering and Architecture organization, responsible for agile software delivery, have the necessary technical skills to build integrations between the various boundary applications – internal as well as external. The person will need to possess expertise in building Integrations with Boomi and building Groovy scripts, understand the requirements, develop the integrations, and deliver as promised.
The Senior Integration Engineer will collaborate and work within high-velocity software engineering teams, bringing expertise in Oracle Xstore, Boomi, Integrations, API gateways, and Agile software delivery. The candidate should be an experienced and motivated technologist who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Should have excellent design skills, shows commitment, planning, integrity, and pragmatic approach to drive organization towards continual success.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS-
- Lead the design and development of enterprise-wide vendor and proprietary solutions predominantly in the Oracle Xstore spectrum ( Xstore, Xcenter, XAdmin)
- Hands-on with integration processes between applications across cloud and on-premises systems using Boomi.
- Hands-on development on Oracle Xstore.
- Hands-on Java development in the Xstore extension layer for the timely resolution of production bugs and capital enhancement requests
- Experience in using and enhancing Boomi custom connectors.
- Participate in proof-of-concept development, demos, and post-deployment support of cross-team integration efforts.
- Translate business process requirements into a detailed technical specification to meet business goals.
- Responsible for architectural documentation and reviewing the development of solutions specified in technical design.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority, and business objectives.
- Work within a team to establish best practices in services development and integration of applications.
- Interface with both internal and external technical experts to implement solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of retail POS processes, including customer-facing (sales & returns management, promotions & pricing, loyalty) and back-office (cash management, opening & closing stores).
- Strong command of integration concepts as they relate to Retail POS specifically Oracle Xstore.
- Strong command of enterprise architecture concepts.
- Strong command of enterprise integration design patterns.
- Extensive experience translating business requirements to an effective integration solution.
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic, punctual, reliable with a desire to excel.
- Must be organized, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Participate in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, and deployment, and monitoring.
- Partner with other internal teams to deliver high quality solutions.
- Experience with building and maintaining distributed micro services; debugging & monitoring production environments.
- Adhere to company standards and apply design principles and patterns to develop robust software.
- Work with development methodologies, adhering to best practices.
- Solve complex problems that combine existing solutions with new code where necessary.
- Available for on-call work during after-hours and weekends.
- Work in an Agile environment with autonomy and efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent or proven years of experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Must have 3+ years of development experience in Oracle Xstore PoS implementation experience to large retailers
- Must have 2+ years of experience working with Boomi Platform
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, SQL and NoSQL database systems, and networking.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience working with DevOps teams on implementing CI/CD pipelines and monitoring/alerting.
- Ability to communicate complex topics with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to categorize and communicate requirements accurately and effectively.
- Experience working directly with business facing groups outside of development is a plus.
- Exposure to Point of Sales systems a plus.
- Exposure to SFCC, SFMC, SFSC and SessionM is a plus.
- Experience with AWS Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and SQS a plus.
- Experience with traditional programming languages such as Java or C# a plus.
- Experience working within an Agile team a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The salary range for this position is $90,000-$160,000/year
- Paid Parental Leave: including time for fathers and adopting parents.
- Short term & long term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plans with multiple carries, including EPO,HPN and PPO plans.
- Competitive 401k plan and employer matching.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) offerings.
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
- Pet Insurance available.
- Onsite wellness programs at company headquarters including fitness classes, acupuncture, and chiropractor.
- Employee stock purchase program
- Employee product discount of 50%; employee sample sales and family and friends discount throughout the year.
- Skechers Company Culture and growth strategy is deeply infused with internal career growth and opportunities for learning.