Full Stack Application Engineer at AdGear - Samsung (Visa for Canada) @ Talent Acquisition Québec - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
This position is available in Montréal, Canada: Visa sponsorship to Canada and assistance from Talent Acquisition Québec is included.
AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets, and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you'll do
As a Full Stack Application Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying and maintaining a large client-facing web application and its API used to configure and provide analytics of a high-volume real-time bidding platform. As a result, there will be opportunities to contribute to open-source, review code, and share knowledge.
You will be working with experienced, passionate programmers as part of the application team within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture. We work in agile scrum teams, which means you will be working closely with a smaller group of co-workers. We use daily stand-ups and put a strong emphasis on communication and knowledge-sharing. Within a Scrum team, although members may have more specialized areas of expertise, each person will contribute to all types of tasks - client-side code, server-side code, and some manual QA. A variety of community-of-practice groups are also active for conversation around specific topics.
You enjoy building things. You value craftsmanship in software. You enjoy reading code, and you're probably in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies. You are also a good communicator who appreciates learning from and teaching others.
In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have a hands-on, problem-solving approach and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage expectations.
Our tech stack includes Typescript and React.js with Webpack, and a Rails GraphQL API on PostgreSQL. As the web app has been growing for a long time, there are also components in Knockout, Coffeescript, and ERB that we are converting to use these newer technologies.
Other things you probably enjoy or would be interested in learning:
- Working with modern browser technologies and paradigms
- Building performant, secure and accessible web applications
- Building innovative products and features integrated with existing systems
- Maintaining large and continuously evolving web apps
- Translating complex business requirements into maintainable code
As a member of the application team, you will be expected to:
- Have experience building Ruby on Rails applications with PostgreSQL (GraphQL APIs a plus)
- Have experience building single-page applications (React, Typescript a plus)
- Have experience building, testing and maintaining client-facing products and HTTP APIs
- Have experience working in a team
- Have strong database skills (regarding integrity, design, performance, etc)
- Participate in the design, implementation, and testing of the web application
- Participate in code reviews and spread your expertise to the team
- Accept constructive code review and challenge your beliefs when presented with relevant evidence
- Have a problem-solving outlook and can-do attitude
- Have the capacity and willingness to work in an agile multi-team environment
- Quarterly open-source day
- In-office kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee, etc.
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Discounts through the company's Employee Discounts website
- Perkopolis website with rebates, coupons, and promotions
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability InsuranceGroup RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program
Job Type: Full-time