Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack @ Zeco Systems, Inc. dba Greenlots - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Los Angeles, CA
Greenlots is unlocking the possibilities of the new electric mobility future by delivering innovative software and services that empower utilities, cities, communities, and automakers to deploy EV charging infrastructure at scale. Our technology is connecting people to their destinations in a safer, cleaner, and smarter way. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, the company’s global footprint spans across three continents with deployments in 13 different countries.
At Greenlots, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves – authentic, purpose-driven individuals who believe having a career means making a meaningful impact on our business and the world. We believe in creating and doing ‘the next right thing’, especially when stepping into new spaces and territories previously unexplored. We are looking for the bold and the courageous, the innovative, and the accountable; those who can quickly translate ideas into meaningful action; and those who have a passion for learning and growing along with us!
Greenlots is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack to join our team in the design and development of Greenlots product vision into operational code. Specifically, the Senior Software Engineer will join a team that builds an integrated product suite of Enterprise applications in the EV Charging network domain. The Candidate will participate in the technical design and implementation of one or more components of the product. This candidate works closely with rest of cross-functional team to produce design documents, implement product features, and develop and execute unit tests.
What you will do:
- Participate in the full software life cycle from requirements, design, code, to test.
- Interact effectively in a geographically distributed team.
- Conduct module and system level design reviews.
- Create, maintain, and meet project schedules.
- Develop software modules to efficiently meet product objectives and project goals.
- Maintain and document software and resolutions.
- Interact effectively with team members and contribute to team success.
- Aid other software engineers within the team.
- Develop both frontend and backend cloud applications.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience with AngularJS preferred.
- Experience working with Linux, networked systems and databases required.
- Python recommended, but not required.
- A firm understanding of system architecture and the design of IoT devices.
- Experience with Electric Vehicles (EV), EV charging and/or battery systems preferred.
- Experience with the following is preferred: GRPC, protobufs, REST/Open API, Linux/system, and K8s or other container managers.
- Experience with CI/CD using Gitlab (Preferred), Jenkins, Maven, or other CI/CD tools.
- Solid Experience with Cloud Computing/DevOps tools: Docker.
- Full Stack development: Both frontend/backend tasks, test, maintenance, and support.
- Experience with microservices or similar architectures.
- Experience with GitFlow and/or GitLab flow.
- Track record of delivering reliable and robust products.
- Mastery of software requirements, architecture, and documentation.
- Mastery of code maintenance, coding standards, and version control.
- Work in an Agile (SCRUM) engineering environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, and cross-functional interface skills.
- Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes, analyzing possible solutions, and taking appropriate action.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology governance.
- Secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience.
What We Offer:
- A work environment that allows you to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest in this emerging industry.
- The ability to make a difference in a world that needs our technology to help reduce carbon emissions and enable a more sustainable energy future through the use of electric-vehicle charging software, services and infrastructure.
- The freedom to learn, suggest, and implement innovative new ideas, e.g., systems, processes, programs, and technologies.
- Daily ownership of your role in a challenging, high-growth environment.
- A casual work environment and culture that support work life ‘fit’, enabling you to fit life into your work and work into your life, i.e., flexible scheduling, virtualization options, and a generous holiday package.
- Well-being programs that enable you to thrive, e.g., investment in ergonomics, healthy snacks in the workplace, completely subsidized onsite gym program.
- Competitive pay and benefits programs designed to enable you to thrive inside and outside of work; participation in Greenlots' performance and rewards bonus program.
- Best in class, medical benefits that offer 100% health-care coverage for employees (medical, dental, vision) and a 401K program that support financial well-being.
- A collaborative, progressive headquarter location at the ROW DTLA with fully subsidized onsite parking and access to unique food and beverage experiences (i.e., coffee shops, bars, and restaurants).