Senior Software Engineer @ The Development Factory - Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
- Lead: Develop, test, document, and maintain core production systems & processes for client engagements and R&D initiatives.
- Communicate: Lead technical architecture discussions, drive team alignment on technical decisions, and explain complex topics to non-technical members of the team.
- Teach: Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional/technical growth of fellow team members.
- Collaborate: Be responsible for the success of one or more projects, and work closely with the Product and Design teams to build new features.
- Grow: Actively contribute to team and company standards.
- 5+ years of experience working on backend systems. You have shipped production systems, and preferably built a few from the ground up.
- A solid grounding in computer science, with strong experience in a few of the following: software design patterns, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, security, networking, data modeling, data processing, information retrieval.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases in general.
- Experience with DevOps, working with infrastructure as code, and CI/CD tooling
- Experience with RESTful and preferably GraphQL API design.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and cloud computing
- Good knowledge of software testing principles.
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered.
- Sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Node.js, Express, React, Relay, GraphQL.
- MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- AWS, Docker, Terraform.
About The Development Factory:
The Development Factory serves B2B and B2C organizations looking to develop and launch or replatform digital products that grow top line revenue or increase operational efficiency. We deploy whole product teams on a fractional basis (typically over 6 to 18 months) so that our clients can reach their goals more quickly, with less overhead, and no upfront investment in recruitment, tools and processes. At the end of every engagement, we work with our clients to help insource sustainable talent, product knowledge, and product delivery processes.