Service Representative-Ambulatory Services @ Kaiser Permanente - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
- Greets members/patients and provides reception services, to include directing and assisting members in navigating through the medical center. Provides wayfinding to appropriate care locations/departments as availability allows. Provides direction and instructional guidance to patients who are unable to perform check-in services independently via KP interactive and emerging technologies.
- Provides coordination of services to address member needs related to benefits, finance and other member services utilizing available technology.
- Provides reception for designated area(s); verifies patient's visit with pre- established appointment scheduling; registers patients; verifies and selects appropriate insurance coverage including confirmation of alternate insurance, and assists members at designated KP interactive and emerging technologies and on all Kaiser Permanente sponsored electronic devices and technologies.
- Provides patient information to family members, following established patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Provides patients with assistance and education with regard to the use of KP interactive and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrates flexibility when addressing various member issues and needs related to operations and member services.
- Follows KP Service Standards.
- Schedules member and non-member appointments and follow-ups, by telephone, mail, electronically or in person utilizing Kaiser Permanente's computer systems as directed by provider or pre-established protocol.
- Ensures current schedules are accurate, makes authorized changes as appropriate.
- Verifies members' benefits, notifies member of applicable cost share and updates patients' demographics information to include all patient registration and billing information. Escalate any issues as appropriate.
- Directs patients to waiting areas. Obtains relevant information to determine priority appointment time/date, confirms appointment changes due to cancellations and notifies patients of available alternate times, schedules/registers for follow up appointments, tests and procedures.
- Answers calls and relays messages to staff.
- Distributes questionnaires, various medical/authorization/insurance forms, patient communication materials, and completes statistical reports as requested.
- Provides patient instructions as appropriate.
- Performs related clerical duties as required, such as direct booking, copying, etc.
- Performs related clerical duties in support of Clinic Strategic Goals and Proactive Office Encounters.
- Provides telephone reception for designated area by screening and referring incoming calls to appropriate staff; takes and relays messages; gives out general or procedural information.
- May assist in orienting new employees.
- Maintains courteous relations with patients and staff.
- Follows Labor Management Principals.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Follows Kaiser Permanente cash safeguarding and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Determines and collects appropriate payments for services and products (where applicable) rendered as required per health plan coverage and the established fee schedule; informs member of account balance information; collects and documents in the computer system receipt of a variety of financial and non-financial forms and reviews with members as appropriate; directs patients to waiting areas.
- Carries out appropriate cash control procedures of balancing total revenue received with computer system cash drawer to ensure accuracy; completes closing process in the computer system and deposits daily revenue securely in safe.
- Coordinates eyewear for delivery to patient.
- Communicates with the Optical Lab, Contact Lens Distribution Center, and other Optical Centers to manage eyewear order logistics
- Explains proper specimen collection to members, rejects unsatisfactory specimens.
- Assures all pertinent information is entered into system during accessioning.
- Updates and maintains all necessary logs.
- Accessions laboratory requests in Health Connect/Laboratory Information System.
- Maintains all printers - sorts and distributes results from printer processing.
Acts as first point of contact for Kaiser Permanente members/patients and assists members/patients through registration process under minimal direct supervision. Practices proper cash handling and reconciliation processes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. Member and patient needs should be the primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Establishes and builds rapport and cooperative relationships with the public/members/ staff. Responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolve problems using good judgment. Functionality may differ based upon operational setting.
Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
Customer Service (Greeting, navigating, instructing/educating)
General Job Functions:
Additional duties for Service Representatives in Optical Services to include:
Assists with inventory control procedures
Additional duties for Service Representative in Laboratory to include:
Performs pre-analytical phase testing by centrifuging, separating, bar coding and transporting specimens.
Pay Grade: 13
- Must successfully pass basic computer literacy test and demonstrate keyboarding proficiency.
- Must successfully pass cash handling skills test
- Must pass Customer Service Assessment test
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in using multi-line telephones
- Recent experience in customer service
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet established department performance standards and guidelines.
- Cash handling or equivalent experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience in medical office background, cashiering and or equivalent experience and medical terminology
- Knowledge of Kaiser Permanente's computer systems
- Demonstrates ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- For Optical Department - recent front-line service industry experience preferred
- This is an on-call position, days and hours may vary.
PrimaryLocation : California,Los Angeles,La Cienega Vision 1843 1/2 S. La Cienega Blvd.
HoursPerWeek : 0
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon - Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 7:00 AM / Varies
WorkingHoursEnd : 7:00 PM / Varies
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department : Optical Dispensing
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.