Quality/Patient Safety Program Manager- Per Diem @ California Hospital Medical Center - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women's Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. Visit dignityhealth. org/californiahospital for more information.
The primary function of the Quality/Patient Safety Program Manager is to support, coordinate, and facilitate the quality management (QM), patient safety (PS) and regulatory performance improvement (PI) activities for the hospital and medical staff. This role also serves as a resource to employees, management, nursing directors, senior management, councils, physicians and teams on quality management activities and will handle patient sensitive and confidential hospital information.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Assists in the design, planning, implementation and coordination of Quality Mgmt., Patient Safety and Performance Improvement activities for assigned hospital and medical staff departments, committees, divisions, service lines and functions. Proactively coordinates and facilitates performance improvement teams to support key initiatives, including but not limited to, activities focused on clinical quality improvement, patient safety and risk reduction, patient experience, efficiency, FMEAS, and root cause analyses and medical staff improvement (e.g. OPPE, FPPE).
- Participates in an integral role to ensure compliance with CMS HIQRP/HOQRP, TJC, Leapfrog, etc., data collection and reporting of process and outcome measures. Facilitates development and implementation of data collection tools and processes including the ability to: identify data elements needed to complete appropriate measurement, perform data collection and abstraction per specifications, and validate data prior to submission or preview reports prior to publication.
- Facilitates meetings, presents data and reports, identifies key findings and assists with action plans and implementation.
- Maintains current knowledge of accreditation and licensing requirements and must be a resource to staff on these regulations in order to improve management of outcomes and ensure compliance. Assists with regulatory readiness and survey preparation activities including mock survey tracers.
- Bachelor's degree, or five (5) years of related job or industry experience in lieu of degree
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), or Healthcare Quality and Management Certification (HCQM), or Certificate of Professional Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety (CPQPS) within two (2) years of employment is required.
- One (1) year healthcare-related quality management/performance improvement experience (e.g., chart audits, PI team member, etc.)
- Three (3) years clinical experience in an acute care setting
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
Dignity Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at
and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Dignity Health participates in E-verify.